`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
gehrig or ruth?

gehrig or ruth?
if you had the choice between a gehrig or ruth auto which would u choose and why?

RE: gehrig or ruth?
ruth... just as rare but more non-baseball people know who ruth is compared to gehrig, making ruth a hotter card/auto
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I would agree with that. Whats funny to me about this is Gehrig does not have as many auto's out there in the market or at least in beckett's database. To me getting a Ruth would be like getting a Jordan a one of a kind thrill. I say this and have a Gehrig as well.

i would actually say gehrig, its harder to get plus i just like him more

Oh, to have to make that decision.

I guess I would go with the Ruth because he is the more iconic of the two. I've read that Gehrig's wife signed a lot of his autographs for him in his later days. Assuming both are authentic I would still say Ruth. Ruth is the player that all others are judged by. No slouch on the greatness that was Gehrig but nobody was known to have put up Gehrigian stats.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Ruth.

damn that kid in the sandlot
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

i dont know if you have heard about it but since i am local i read it in an online paper. Back in the day Babe Ruth came to Davenport Iowa. There was a contest that if you could through a baseball 15 stories in the air and land it on a building he would sign a ball from you. In the article it has a lady with a signed ball. I wonder if she knows she has 25k in her hand

Ruth signed way more than Gehrig. However Ruth is much more widely known outside of baseball (unless you're in the medical field dealing with Lou Gehrig's Disease). I would have to say go with the Babe Ruth autograph.
As for the person who said DiMaggio; Joe DiMaggio's autograph is more inline with Mickey Mantle's autograph. They both signed a ton of stuff after retiring, and their autographs can easily be picked up for under $500, whereas both Ruth and Gehrig cost a few grand.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

i was doing more research about gehrigs and i was suprised that his auto is more valuable but like you said ruth is more widley known and desirable

If you want a really tough autograph that is rare and worth a bunch try to get an authentic Christy Mathewson, Cap Anson or Josh Gibson. Joe Jackson is tough too (but you need to be careful since his wife signed 99.9% of his autos).
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/