`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Baseball card wives

RE: Baseball card wives
My wife enjoys busting packs/boxes alomost as much as I do. When she opens packs, she'll keep quiet about anything good (refractors, auto's, game used), hand me the packs she's opened and say "Did I get anything good?", knowing she did. She likes to see the look on my face when I find "the good stuff". I am truly a lucky man, and I know it.
[Image: 1969WorldSeriesTicket.jpg]
I collect 1969 Mets memorabilia and 1960 Topps baseball, nothing else.
My 1969 Mets PC Bucket:
http://s214.photobucket.com/user/d3a3l3e3/library/1969%20NY%20Mets%20PC?sort=6&page=1

My wife will by me an bat or ball that is autographed for my birthday or a couple packs here and there but she just can't comprehended why people would pay money for a picture but she does like opening the packs even though she has no clue what she looking at she just likes the sparklie ones she says
[Image: 6C3028DA-222D-46AB-98B7-BD7D0829F4B5-819...1b74d5.jpg]

I think my wife would prefer that I become a Zen Buddhist monk and get rid of all my earthly possessions. Smile whenever we have to move, I kinda feel the same way. Smile

Between my comics and cards, it can be a little overwhelming, but she tolerates it as best as she can. Whenever she complains I tell her "you knew what you were getting into when you met me. It was no secret. I was a collector long before YOU and if it so happens I'll still be collecting after YOU Smile"

We were engaged at Yankee Stadium, so she does have a small soft-spot for my Yankee Collection at least, and she even bought me a signed Jeter ball from Steiner last year! She'll never understand the cardboard, but can understand the memorabilia a little better.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

No complaints would ever get to me if I was given a signed Jeter ball Smile
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I think that the coolest thing that my wife bought me was a David Murphy 8x10 auto. That and she bought me a box of A&G for my birthday this year. I am hoping for a really cool box for Christmas from her.

As I said before, you have an awesome wife dallas_collecter84! What box are you hoping to get?

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(11-29-2012, 04:43 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: No complaints would ever get to me if I was given a signed Jeter ball Smile
The Jeter ball was awesome, but I'm still holding out for her to get me the 52 Topps Mantle card Smile then I'll let her complain all she wants!
But seriously, she's surprised me over the years with some pretty cool Yankee merchandise.
As soon as I figure out how to use photobucket, I'll post some pics, if anyone is interested.
Mitch
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

You make a good point about the '52 Mantle Big Grin I'd enjoy some pics of the Yankees merchandise.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(11-29-2012, 08:33 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: You make a good point about the '52 Mantle Big Grin I'd enjoy some pics of the Yankees merchandise.
I'm not too good with this yet but here's some stuff the wife has gifted to me over the years ....
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
And here's the Jeter ball.....
And there's this Danbury mint statue of the 61 Yanks ....
There's more, but lets see how this works for posting .... Again, please be patient with me if this screws up Smile
Thanks,
Mitch

(11-29-2012, 07:47 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: As I said before, you have an awesome wife dallas_collecter84! What box are you hoping to get?
I would like to get a box of triple threads but I will be more than happy with Allen & Ginter. One thing that she did to surprise me once was buy me a few packs of A&G and some Playoff Contenders. I got a Javier Baez rookie auto and a Mike Trout rookie.