`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Baseball card wives

Baseball card wives
I like to think that I have one of the coolest wives out there. Not only does she tolerate my addiction to cards, but she has learned to have fun with me when I bust open a box. The best thing happened recently when her uncle came to visit and he asked about my collection. She was able to talk about every card that I have and how important they were to me. It was pretty amazing to hear her talk about the hobby like that. I think I might have to buy her her own box soon. Do you guys have any cool wife stories or are you a cool wife?

RE: Baseball card wives
yea... and I quote... "it's just a freakin piece of cardboard with an illegible signature and pieces of a bat/shirt that you will never know were really used by him [referring to the player]!!!!" that's her favorite phrase :/ lol
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I don't have a wife, thus no story, but your wife is surely awesome. Congrats!
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

My wife is a big Yankees fan, likes busting packs and has a nice collection of Yankees autos.

Back in '07 we opened a few boxes of Topps Traded. She was looking for Joba rookies. She opened a pack and pulled the Elsbury SP. I saw it and said "That's like a $100 card." She could have cared less, her only comment was "You can have it, he's a Red Sox player" and tossed it to me.

She may like cards but her commitment to the Yanks trumps all!
[Image: cropped-mojo-beard-banner-2-final.gif]

Wish i could say my wife likes to talk about the hobby. As i write this i can see her eyes rolling. She doesn't mind me collecting but would rather alphabetize the pantry then listen to me talk about a nice pull or getting a PC in the mail. "Another bubble mailer, GEEZ"

+1 on pantry albetizing. Its funny my wife busted a couple box's with me before my son was born and we both pulled a Tim Lincecum auto! Hers was the short printed version!

My wife of 16 years tolerates my collecting at best. She is very concerned that when I pass she will be left with thousands of dollars worth of cardboard that she won't know what to do with. Every time I show her a pricey card and tell her what it's value is, she lets me know what else I could have for that amount of money. My Mantle card would pay off the truck. My Mays card would pay for a tropical vacation. My Bonds game-used would get us a new tv. My Clemente rookie would replace the sofa and my Koufax rookie would cover the property taxes. Not fun discussions.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I have a cool boyfriend who is happy I collect baseball cards instead of purses or shoes.
Looking for numbered inserts of Manny, Nomar, Pedro and Mo Vaughn (Thanks jbel4331)
[Image: aOHTlGK.png]

My wife isn't into sports and has no clue about my card collection other than what she hears me say and to be honest I prefer it be that way..
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames

My wife hates my card collecting, many a conversation about what we can spend the money on instead, but she tolerates it becauses she knows i enjoy it. She even will bring my home a blaster box every so often.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]