`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Cancer took my Mom

Cancer took my Mom
Off track and I know that I'm not the first and unfortunately won't be the last but last night my Mom succumbed to her two year battle with cancer. My Mom was 79 and was a clean living, God-fearing woman who did not deserve such a fate, but cancer doesn't care. My wife and I drove the two hours to the Hospice center she had been rushed to and spent the night sitting with her and holding her hand. After 37 hours without sleep we arrived home to find our mailbox stuffed with baseball cards. Some from members here and some from members of another online trading group I am a member of, none of which knew of my Mom's circumstances. I will be sorting cards for several weeks as I find time and will enjoy every minute of it. This hobby keeps me happy while the real world fights to bring me down.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Cancer took my Mom
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Our condolences to you and your family.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

So sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort in good memories and spending time with your family. You have my sincere condolences.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

I'm sorry to hear this, my condolences to you & family.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

I'm really sorry to hear. Cancer is the worst. Lost two grandparents to it, so sadly I think it may run in my family. My condolences to you and your family.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

So sorry for your loss. Cancer is an awful disease.
Currently collecting Mike Trout, Bo Jackson and Al Kaline.

Sets for sale or trade:

1998 Leaf Rookies & Stars-- 99.7% complete.
1999 Finest-- Complete.
2000 Bowman Chrome-- Complete.
2001 Studio---97% complete.

Very sorry for your loss. Always think of the great times and memories you have of her.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

My condolences to you and your family. Just found out Friday that they found a spot and my mom has breast cancer. Hopefully found it early. You will be in our prayers. When you get down in the dumps, think of the happy fun times and warm memories you have. God Bless........
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Prayer said for your family. My mother in law passed away almost seven years ago from cancer as well.

God bless!

Well hang in there----coming from your second family here on Beckett. Smile