`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
ebay question: legit for seller to cancel sale?

ebay question: legit for seller to cancel sale?
So, I recently won an auction on an A&G no number Miguel Cabrera. I think the winning bid was around $3.00, which was a good deal for me (my max bid was probably double that). Anyway, after the auction ends, I receive a notification (without explanation) that the seller wants to cancel the auction. I've never had this happen before, so I choose to "decline" and instead I pay for the item. Then, this morning, I receive a notification that the seller refunded me my money. S/he also sent a note that said, "sorry, I have too much into this card. Can't sell for that price."

Have you guys had this happen, either as a buyer or seller? I understand where the seller is coming from, but to me, that's part of the deal. You put an item up for auction with no reserve and you take a chance. It annoys me a little that I lost this item through no fault of my own and could've tried to bid on another one instead.

-Also, I didn't snipe this card, or put in my bid with a minute to go, or anything like that. Saw a card I wanted, put in my max bid, didn't monitor the auction, and just waited. The card was accurately described and included a photo (so it wasn't mis-listed or anything).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: ebay question: legit for seller to cancel sale?
The seller is just mad because they wanted more for the card. They should have set the minimum bid higher or something.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Leave negative feedback and move on
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Yeah, definitely leave negative feedback.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

Yes they can cancel but not for that reason. Leave the negative and forward the correspondence to eBay. I would pay again also if it were me.

scumbag move but at least they were honest with you. i recently had a very low start price for a lot of cards that would have sold for double if i waited and broke up the lot. someone hit the starting bid and won it at that price. I did not mind at first because I set the auction at the lowest price i was willing to take at the moment. what got me is when i did some research on the buyer i found out he was a flipper and basically brags about being a flipper in his youtube videos. he also refers to himself as "we" .. like he is a store with employees and running a business. i seriously would have rather given those cards for free to a real collector than to sell them at that price to some arrogant flipper. i just need to stop doing research on ebayers . i also want to add that i did do the right thing and sent the cards to the flipper right after he paid. ive worked too hard to get my ebay status to where it is now.

I decided to give the seller a neutral and explained that he cancelled the sale because price wasn't high enough and that he refunded my money. After leaving the feedback, I noticed that someone else left a similar comment. -I've done about 250 buys on ebay and never had this happen before. Not a big deal, just surprised that it's even an option to cancel the sale like that after the auction has ended. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it if I had won with a high bid, then cancelled the sale/not paid. In any event, thanks for your comments. I appreciate it.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-18-2012, 06:05 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I decided to give the seller a neutral and explained that he cancelled the sale because price wasn't high enough and that he refunded my money. After leaving the feedback, I noticed that someone else left a similar comment. -I've done about 250 buys on ebay and never had this happen before. Not a big deal, just surprised that it's even an option to cancel the sale like that after the auction has ended. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it if I had won with a high bid, then cancelled the sale/not paid. In any event, thanks for your comments. I appreciate it.
he deserved a neutral just to be able to warn other buyers of what could happen with him. if you left a positive and left some sort of negative comment he could probably have it removed , so neutral was warranted in this situation.

(11-18-2012, 06:05 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I decided to give the seller a neutral and explained that he cancelled the sale because price wasn't high enough and that he refunded my money. After leaving the feedback, I noticed that someone else left a similar comment. -I've done about 250 buys on ebay and never had this happen before. Not a big deal, just surprised that it's even an option to cancel the sale like that after the auction has ended. I'm sure he wouldn't have liked it if I had won with a high bid, then cancelled the sale/not paid. In any event, thanks for your comments. I appreciate it.
That seems like a good way to handle it.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

I saw that the other guy gave him negative feedback. He deserves it. You think someone with close to 1000 feedback would know how to sell something on ebay by now. It looks like he originally was looking for $30 starting bid on that card a couple weeks ago. I'll be sure to stay away from that seller.