`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again????

Again????
How in the world can Cabrera, McCutchen, and Verlander Rookie and 2nd year cards go down. Mark Teixeira, Steven White, Mike Costanzo, Jason Bay, and Joey Votto cards didn't go down. I have nothing against the last 5 players. I am just using them as an example. A lot of you have explained before your thoughts as to why and I thank you all for imput. No one will ever convince me that there isn't some type of manipulation going on. I do not have dozens and dozens of any of these players, so it isn't that this will hurt my retirement. By the way, I have no Cabrera, 4 McCutchen, and 2 Verlander. Does anyone else feel this way? I did not post this to start any type of agruement, but probably will. I really don't understand as to someone's thought process to do this.

RE: Again????
I'm not sure. I can see 2nd year cards going down, as people only seem to care about RCs. But I have no clue why RCs are going down.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

reflect market changes. McCutchen, and Verlander were both uber hot, but have cooled off from their peaks last year (in term of market value). melky, obviously, had the steroid bust

mark Teixeira, Steven White, Mike Costanzo, Jason Bay, didnt go down because they had already plateaued long ago, in terms of market value. Votto hasnt gone done because his season this year has kept collector's interest in long-term

The market is oversaturated

(11-16-2012, 07:43 PM)skywalkb Wrote: How in the world can Cabrera, McCutchen, and Verlander Rookie and 2nd year cards go down. Mark Teixeira, Steven White, Mike Costanzo, Jason Bay, and Joey Votto cards didn't go down. I have nothing against the last 5 players. I am just using them as an example. A lot of you have explained before your thoughts as to why and I thank you all for imput. No one will ever convince me that there isn't some type of manipulation going on. I do not have dozens and dozens of any of these players, so it isn't that this will hurt my retirement. By the way, I have no Cabrera, 4 McCutchen, and 2 Verlander. Does anyone else feel this way? I did not post this to start any type of agruement, but probably will. I really don't understand as to someone's thought process to do this.
Simple. Its because all the "investors" and ebay flippers decided to take their money out of Cabrera, McCutchen, Verlander etc. Without investors and flippers propping up the market the card values for these guys fell.

As a collector, it makes you think twice about what you pay for cards, doesn't it?
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(11-16-2012, 07:43 PM)skywalkb Wrote: How in the world can Cabrera, McCutchen, and Verlander Rookie and 2nd year cards go down. Mark Teixeira, Steven White, Mike Costanzo, Jason Bay, and Joey Votto cards didn't go down. I have nothing against the last 5 players. I am just using them as an example. A lot of you have explained before your thoughts as to why and I thank you all for imput. No one will ever convince me that there isn't some type of manipulation going on. I do not have dozens and dozens of any of these players, so it isn't that this will hurt my retirement. By the way, I have no Cabrera, 4 McCutchen, and 2 Verlander. Does anyone else feel this way? I did not post this to start any type of agruement, but probably will. I really don't understand as to someone's thought process to do this.
Good question. I've been wondering the same thing myself (regarding Verlander). I'm an active buyer/trader for Verlander and i haven't really noticed the prices cooling, yet the BV has gone down 15-25% on a lot of my higher end cards. -I'm not a seller, so it's not a big deal to me, but it's still a little puzzling. As a buyer though, it's frustrating when I offer 125% of the BV on $30-100 cards and get rejected on ebay. Hard to explain.
-Also, I'm a big collector of Cabreara. If anything, the prices of his cards have doubled on ebay in the last couple months. I haven't monitored the BV though. If the Cabrera BV has taken a hit recently it would shock me. (Like I said though, I haven't been keeping an eye on BV. I just buy what I need/want). In fact, lately, I've been getting outbid more often than not. And I'm not a sniper/low bidder. I see what I want and put in my max offer. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong. I just figure that if I bid what the card is worth (to ME) then I either win or I save my money for something else.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

BV, to me, is worthless. When I walk into a shop and I ask the owner what the price of something is and he whips out a price guide and throws out the high BV price, I just say no thanks and leave.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

BV, to me, is worthless. When I walk into a shop and I ask the owner what the price of something is and he whips out a price guide and throws out the high BV price, I just say no thanks and leave.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I use BV only to get an idea of the value, not to get a concrete value.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!