`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reviving the LCS

RE: Reviving the LCS
(11-16-2012, 09:15 PM)oneofakindcards Wrote: The LCS has been replaced by regular people selling on Ebay unfortunately. This is too bad because I think the hobby is better without regular people selling on eBay (or anywhere else for that matter) all the time.
I'm the complete opposite. I'm glad eBay is out there, because people actually place reasonable prices on their cards. Every LCS around me has every card listed at full high book value and refuses to budge at all. I know they have to make enough to cover overhead, but I'm sorry, I'm not paying $80 for the exact same card that I could get for $15 on eBay. I'd be willing to pay a little more to help the shop out, but not at an outrageous level. I mean I can get a box online for $75, and the shops will ask $140. No thanks.

I'm an almost 100% eBay buyer when it comes to singles.

[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

I have listened... keep a look out for the "Community" more details coming soon!
Looking for Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and Derek Jeter...

I would like to open another Store on the Beckett Site. My last sale on Beckett was probably for ( 4 of 4 ) 8 x 10- 1997 Dale Earnhardt ,Sr pictures the day he Died at Daytona Speedway. I today still sell The Charlotte,North Carolina- original Charlotte Observer Newspaper ,my stock is getting thin.[Image: de2.jpg]

The LCS down the street from me has thrived because they do a lot of promotions, have a great email list that they keep up with emails to everyone about every time a new product comes out, every promotion they do, and they have trade days, autograph signings of a ton of different Chicago sports stars. They have monthly drawings and always have food and drinks and encourage people to just hang out and talk sports even if they aren't buying anything. They keep a strong inventory of wax, supplies and have a bunch of interesting cards in the display cases.

The best thing that they just started doing is price matching, they will match any online price for a product within a month of the release date. Talking to one of the main guys that works at the shop he says boxes have been flying off the shelf since they announced this.

The only thing I wish they would do is start carrying more vintage but they say they keep most of their vintage at the other store because it sells better there.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(11-17-2012, 12:46 PM)krykslr Wrote: I'm the complete opposite. I'm glad eBay is out there, because people actually place reasonable prices on their cards. Every LCS around me has every card listed at full high book value and refuses to budge at all. I know they have to make enough to cover overhead, but I'm sorry, I'm not paying $80 for the exact same card that I could get for $15 on eBay. I'd be willing to pay a little more to help the shop out, but not at an outrageous level. I mean I can get a box online for $75, and the shops will ask $140. No thanks.

I'm an almost 100% eBay buyer when it comes to singles.
You say that but I have gotten some steals at the card shops as well. My last one was for a 2012 Topps Gold Rush Dealer Promo Derek Jeter card which the last 2 sold on ebay for $66.00 and I bought mine for $5.00.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I have been to several LCS's in my area and with the exception of one, they are also very heavy into sports memorabilia and local team products (i.e. home decor, shirts, jerseys, and the like.) The one I like the most has just a small card area, but their prices are fair, they have a nice selection of different sports and a great stock of supplies at a reasonable price. They also have signings on a regular basis at one of their five locations. They advertise well in advance and have great players from both past and present. The most recent were Ray Rice and one coming up with Torrey Smith. Their manager is also very knowledgeable about the hobby and always spends loads of time talking to me and answering my questions about the hobby. Even when the store has multiple customers I still feel like the only one in there because after he helps someone he always comes right back and picks up the conversation where we left off. Love my local LCS.
PC Card Totals:

Manny Machado - 395
Jonathan Schoop - 223
Chance Sisco - 11

Always looking for more of these guys! Let's trade!