Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wade Miley Collection

Wade Miley Collection
Hi. I am new to Beckett Forums.

Over the last few months, I have been collecting Wade Miley cards, in hope of him catching ROY.

This never happened. I still feel that he is a promising player that will only improve his numbers year over year.

I have close to 200 cards at present, including Printing Plates, Auto's, Refractors, XFractors, Atomic Refractors, etc.

Should I hold on to these cards, is it worth sending any to BGS for grading? If I should sell, should I sell individually, or in bulk?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Richard

RE: Wade Miley Collection
There are some SuperCollectors who get everything graded. I think you should get the more high-end cards, like autos, mems, plates, and rare parallels, graded if you get anything graded. Don't bother getting the base cards graded. It sounds like your collection is pretty nice, so be sure to get shipping insurance.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Thanks for the advice. I guess I should have mentioned the reason grading was holding me back, and not sure if I should hold onto the cards or not.

The going $ for his cards...why is it that players like George Springer and Bunba Starling have cards on eBay for tons of cash, but Miley is sitting between $10-$40 for a refractor /50, /25 or /5. Is his card value ever going to increase...to the like of Harper even?

Thanks for any help!

(11-16-2012, 07:27 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: There are some SuperCollectors who get everything graded. I think you should get the more high-end cards, like autos, mems, plates, and rare parallels, graded if you get anything graded. Don't bother getting the base cards graded. It sounds like your collection is pretty nice, so be sure to get shipping insurance.

Ha, that's sad (the picture)
Thanks for the reply. I don't disagree with you, I just can't understand why there has been no hype all season.

There hasn't been hype because Harper took all the hype in the NL. Plus everyone got excited about the Nationals and not so many got excited about the D-Backs. His cards will probably never reach the peak of Harper's card prices. If you just like Wade Miley, then keep buying while the prices seem low for your player collection of him.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!