`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panini Joe Johnson signing in Brooklyn

Panini Joe Johnson signing in Brooklyn
On 11/4, Panini sponsored a Joe Johnson signing at a Modell's Sporting Goods store in Brooklyn. I found out about it on their blog - http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012/...e-signing/

Here are a few pictures from the event.

This is the view of the Barclays Centers outside the Modell's.
[Image: photo1-2.jpg]

I was 20 minutes early and was fourth in line.
[Image: photo2-2.jpg]

He was late because the car sent to pick him up went to his home rather than the hotel where he was staying due to Sandy. There were about 30 people on the line.
[Image: photo3.jpg]

He arrived 20 minutes later than expected and immediately started signing.
[Image: photo4.jpg]

I'm 5'8 in socks.
[Image: photo5.jpg]

He signed a specially made 4x6 photo. It was not a card.
[Image: photo-14-1.jpg]

I was tweeting @PaniniAmerica during the event so they sent me a box of 12-13 Threads. It arrived yesterday and here are my hits:
[Image: photo-14.jpg]

Thanks for looking. I hope Panini does this again Smile

RE: Panini Joe Johnson signing in Brooklyn
nice one! did he sign other stuff as well, or was it just those cards? Look pretty nice. Can't believe only 30 people showed up, lol.

Interesting how you got a free box of Threads, just for sending out a Twitter message. Congrats!

wow that's awesome! so crazy only 30 people showed up, I would think you could get some more for a good player like Joe Johnson. Hope they do one of these in my area.

(11-15-2012, 12:34 PM)bballfrk44 Wrote: wow that's awesome! so crazy only 30 people showed up, I would think you could get some more for a good player like Joe Johnson. Hope they do one of these in my area.
Maybe people are starting to see how overrated he is.After watching him with Atlanta over the last few years I couldn't understand the Allstar status he gets.He seems to try to be a one on one player and then puts his teammates in bad spots after he runs down the shot clock.Again this is is just one persons opinion that I'am sure many of you dont agree with.

I get the opinion, but I am pumped for chen12 that he was fortunate enough to attend this signing and get a very good NBA player's autograph. In person. And a photo. As fans, we all want this opportunity. "Overrated" player or not. I'd say the low turn out might have had something to do with Sandy as well...
(11-15-2012, 01:13 PM)jimmygonzales Wrote: Maybe people are starting to see how overrated he is.After watching him with Atlanta over the last few years I couldn't understand the Allstar status he gets.He seems to try to be a one on one player and then puts his teammates in bad spots after he runs down the shot clock.Again this is is just one persons opinion that I'am sure many of you dont agree with.

Very very cool, congrats!!

That was pretty cool of Panini to send you a box of Threads.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

(11-15-2012, 01:42 PM)mtadams2 Wrote: I get the opinion, but I am pumped for chen12 that he was fortunate enough to attend this signing and get a very good NBA player's autograph. In person. And a photo. As fans, we all want this opportunity. "Overrated" player or not. I'd say the low turn out might have had something to do with Sandy as well...

Very very cool, congrats!!
Thats true not many fans will get that opportunity in their lifetime.If you think about it there are so few NBA Players to actualy meet one away from where they are playing is almost impossible.

Hi all. Thanks for all of the responses. I was somewhat surprised by the light turnout. But considering that the home opener against the Knicks was cancelled due to Sandy and the announcement that the sellout against the Raptors was somewhat dubious due to the sparse attendance, I think that the real surprise was that the signing moved forward as scheduled.

So Joe did sign multiple items - jerseys, shirts and balls. He didn't always sign the Panini photo. Here's a pic that I forgot to post that shows him signing a shirt.
[Image: photo1-3.jpg]

And to clarify, Panini was tweeting about the event in the morning. Then during the event, they tweeted that anyone who posted pics on their FB page or tweeted about the event would be considered for a box of Threads. I think that I was the only one who tweeted so they told me to DM them and two weeks later, I got a package from them.

I wonder how they would respond if everyone were to tweet to them asking for a Private Signing in their hometown. It was a very cool event and I hope that everyone does get a chance to have the experience.

I didn't hear a word about this and I live here, I don't do those twitter shenanigans, thats probably why. But nice job on getting that free box of cards, nice pull on the Kawhi & Morris auto!

Anyways, that t-shirt you were wearing had something about wrestling on it. Is that from a local indy company in the area? I really do miss going to the Elks Lodge for live wrestling, those were the days man.......
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(11-16-2012, 02:42 AM)vgqv Wrote: Anyways, that t-shirt you were wearing had something about wrestling on it. Is that from a local indy company in the area? I really do miss going to the Elks Lodge for live wrestling, those were the days man.......
My shirt is from Tri-Coasta, a MMA apparel company. They've sponsored UFC fighters like Chan Sung Jung (The Korean Zombie), Brad Pickett and Tom Lawlor. I like their shirts better than the glittering skulls from other clothing companies. The wrestling shirt reads "if brute force doesn't work you're just not using enough". Whenever I meet a fighter, they seem to like reading it Smile

FTW did a few shows at the Elks Lodge earlier this year but there was some controversy during their last event and I don't think there have been any wrestling events held there since. Nothing beat the old ECW days though.