`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traded card shipping etiquette

Traded card shipping etiquette
Is there a community standard for the packaging in which traded cards should be shipped? Is it dependent upon value? Is there no standard? I just made my first trade, and shipped in a bubble mailer, with the card in a top loader, and wrapped it in the shipping invoice. The card books at a mere $8, but I wanted to make sure the card got where it was going without being damaged. The cards I received were in a plain envelope, and only two of the cards were in a top loader. The cards arrived undamaged, and I have no complaints, but it made me wonder if there was a certain etiquette that goes along with trading cards online in terms of what is expected for the packaging.

RE: Traded card shipping etiquette
If it's a single card and not much value, I'll mail it in an envelope but would have a least the top loader. If it's multiple cards or cards of value, then I would send it in a bubble mailer.

If you are trading it is NEVER acceptable to send in a PWE, unless it is discussed beforehand.

Top loader, in a team bag, in a padded envelope (bubble mailer) should be the standard.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

don't forget the penny sleeves before putting in top loader!! then bubble envelope, recieved a trade just yesterday from a experienced trader who sent 2 cards in one top loader and no penny sleeves...needless to say they didn't arrive in perfect condition. but PWE are fine if top loaders are used
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

It's possible to send in a PWE and have it arrive perfectly fine. In fact I've recieved mroe damaged cards from a padded envelope than a PWE. People seriously need to calm down about PWEs on here it's bordering on cry baby levels anymore.
Is this thing on?

(11-14-2012, 12:53 PM)shivelycore Wrote: It's possible to send in a PWE and have it arrive perfectly fine. In fact I've recieved mroe damaged cards from a padded envelope than a PWE. People seriously need to calm down about PWEs on here it's bordering on cry baby levels anymore.
only time i have problems with PWE is when no top loaders are used. I have in past recieved cards in pwe with no penny sleeves and no top loaders.
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

OK, so maybe the best policy is to simply discuss it with the trader before finalizing the trade.

(11-14-2012, 12:56 PM)ca4n6chuck Wrote: only time i have problems with PWE is when no top loaders are used. I have in past recieved cards in pwe with no penny sleeves and no top loaders.
See the problem there wasnt the PWE it was the poor prepping of the card. I need to take pictures next time i'm loading up cards in a PWE. It's sleeve, toplaoder, cardboard (if standard stock cards alone), Team bag (with toploader open end pointed to the bottom of the bag).

Is this thing on?

Whats a top loader?
http://s1275.beta.photobucket.com/user/L...s/library/
Always collection Cal Ripken, Manny Machado, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Reggie Wayne, Justin Morneau, and other rare Colts and Orioles cards.

Here's what everyone needs to remember,

You cant just write off shipping solely because it came in a PWE and you cant just assume it's fine because it's in a padded envelope. It's all in how you wrap up the cards inside. Now even with precautions can it still go wrong? Yes, but you can at least take care with packaging the cards and then placing in whatever type of mailer.

Now I use PWe for low end trades and because it saves on dealing with the PO. But if it's high end and I need to ensure it anyway, even if it's one card it's going in a padded envelope.
Is this thing on?