`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I know I'm new here but...

I know I'm new here but...
After trading some, and seeing people's Orgs... Ive noticed that people are marking their cards down as "mint" seemingly to increase their value. Unless your card is graded by BGS as a mint or gem mint, shouldn't it be marked as NM/M.. or am i suppose to mark my cards up to mint as well.. so there isnt much of a BV difference when trading?
Photobucket

RE: I know I'm new here but...
I have found that too. It's a bit of a pain, but personally I just leave mine all at the default setting because I agree that unless it is graded it should never be listed as higher than this.
Collecting: Miles Burris ~ Howie Long ~ Tyvon Branch ~ Stefen Wisniewski ~ Lamarr Houston ~ Rod Streater ~ Rhett Ellison

Yeah that's what I'm saying. You have somebody trading whats normally a 15 dollar card, that now lists for 18+.. when yours is 14.. they would never trade that.. opposed to a 15 dollar card for a 14 dollar card, more like it.. or vice versa, Im sure you get the point... Now I dont mind if someone has a couple cards in their collection that are deemed "Mint" because we all know there are cards in our collections that when looking at them, they are Perfect in every aspect of the word. Those cards if sent in, would have a decent-good chance at a nice Grade. That is fine to have that, sure, Not every card of yours is a mint sorry. i refuse to believe that. Cards get damaged in packing, therefor not only is it a chance on your high ticket items for pulls, its a chance at how nice that item is when you pull it!

Someone correct me if im wrong? lol
Photobucket

the marking of mint for some of us (myself included) was default, as my cards were in the system before the designation became available. Most of mine should be mint/nmint. Ask the ? if it's graded and if it isn't then just use the bv the card is. Nothing hard about it IMO.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Now that is a completely Valid point, Being new, that's something I was unaware of!.. I thought people were just marking their cards as Mint, to get a couple extra bucks out of trades.. Wasn't trying to make enemies, just pointing out something that's all lol
Photobucket

so-on that offer I sent-- did u see enough you could use of mine to get a deal done??

FLICKR

Email:
mike_pekar@yahoo.com

I saw a couple cards I'm Interested in, However there are 4 trades for that inparticular card atm, and I'm going in order from the first person to trade me for it, to the last. The first guy has a TON of cards for my PC just waiting for him to respond with a counteroffer, so if that doesn't pan out ill work on the other trades, so for now we play the waiting game, I need to get other people time to offer.. I didn't know there was this much hype around Richardson, but i guess everyone wants him! lol
Photobucket

when in doubt ask the question of the trader you're dealing with.
(11-08-2012, 05:09 PM)Nuralius Wrote: Now that is a completely Valid point, Being new, that's something I was unaware of!.. I thought people were just marking their cards as Mint, to get a couple extra bucks out of trades.. Wasn't trying to make enemies, just pointing out something that's all lol
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

Oh I've had multiple people do this, Just thought it was a general thing to do?
Photobucket

imo, not a general thing, but I know I ask the question just to verify if I'm wondering
(11-08-2012, 05:32 PM)Nuralius Wrote: Oh I've had multiple people do this, Just thought it was a general thing to do?
My Flickr