`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice, ebay issue

Need advice, ebay issue
I had a buyer contact me saying they didn't get what I sent them. I used DC and looked it up on the usps website. According to them, it arrived 7 days ago at his post office. If he doesn't get it, do I still need to refund his money? I sent the card with DC and the post office says it arrived. I know Ebay tends to side with buyers more than sellers, so what do I do if he comes back to me saying it didn't get to him?

RE: Need advice, ebay issue
I've never had this issue come up but I would think your ***** is covered because of the delivery confirmation. They may refund him but it won't be at your expense. May I ask where you sent the item to? If it's the New York/New Jersey/Connecticut coastal areas, the hurricane may have something to do with it.

no, if your dc says it was delivered to his town, you are covered

did you send using paypal shipping? even more covered, if so

What prevents someone from shipping an empty envelope to my town and claiming it was delivered? (-Not saying that's the case here, just wondering.)
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-08-2012, 07:20 PM)uvaspina Wrote: What prevents someone from shipping an empty envelope to my town and claiming it was delivered? (-Not saying that's the case here, just wondering.)
buyer can file a INAD claim with ebay in that case

a real nasty trick some sellers have used to scam folks in using paypal shipping to print out a label, then scanning the label, find an address with the same zip code near the buyers house, but not right next to them. then photoshop the address and the name, and change their own sending info print it out. the dc number will show it is sent to the right town, and is proof for paypal that it arrived. the seller doesnt include the card, of course, but rather just an ad or something. of course, the person that gets the package doesnt know what it is, and usually just tosses it

if there's a will, there's a scam.

(of course, this goes both ways)

(11-08-2012, 03:05 PM)jrod7290 Wrote: I had a buyer contact me saying they didn't get what I sent them. I used DC and looked it up on the usps website. According to them, it arrived 7 days ago at his post office. If he doesn't get it, do I still need to refund his money? I sent the card with DC and the post office says it arrived. I know Ebay tends to side with buyers more than sellers, so what do I do if he comes back to me saying it didn't get to him?
Normally the delivery confirmation will say it arrived at the local post office... Next it will say it was out for delivery... and finally it will say it was delivered and the time it was dropped off.

If it just says it arrived at the post office that means it is probably still there and hasn't been delivered yet.

You need to call the post office and find out what happened.
Delivered

Ray

It says it arrived at his post office October 31 at 11:26am (Wheeling WV) and he contacted me yesterday saying he hadn't gotten it. I didn't use paypal shipping label, I usually just hand write people's addresses on the padded mailers I use. I used to not use DC but had like 3 buyers in about month claim "they didn't get the item" so now I use it on everything I sell and include that info in the auction listing.

I sent one to Canada, and DC said it had been accepted by my post office but nothing after that, which I've heard tracking information doesn't update at all going to Canada until it reaches the destination. Buyer said he never got it, filed a claim, and ebay ruled in his favor, saying I didn't provide valid tracking information, which is bogus since I used paypal shipping which automatically provides tracking information....anyway it was only an 8 dollar card, but I will never send any card more than 20 bucks to Canada.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(11-08-2012, 09:27 PM)jrod7290 Wrote: It says it arrived at his post office October 31 at 11:26am (Wheeling WV) and he contacted me yesterday saying he hadn't gotten it. I didn't use paypal shipping label, I usually just hand write people's addresses on the padded mailers I use. I used to not use DC but had like 3 buyers in about month claim "they didn't get the item" so now I use it on everything I sell and include that info in the auction listing.
if it doesnt say delivered (just to his post office), call his local post office and inquire about the package.

I too think you're okay because of the DC.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!