`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a single player to collect!

Need a single player to collect!
soo as of right now i collect any and every card i can get my hands on - vintage, worthless, modern, rare.

I want to focus my attention more towards a single (maybe 2 or 3) player(s) to focus my collection on, preferrably a new prospect or rookie.

I don't want bryce harper or mike trout, all of their cards are out of my budget. I want to collect guys that have a bright future and will maybe be in HOF one day. Give me suggestions!
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

RE: Need a single player to collect!
I have gone with Mat Latos and Chris Heisey from the Reds. I would chose a player from your favorite team.
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.

Your problem will be all prospects now will be expensive no matter what. If you want to collect a single player I would grab a Rookie player from maybe 2010 that has potential but really hasn't made it in the majors yet. If you look for baseball players not all of them make it big right away as some take a few years. Matt Kemp could be an example as I believe his first card was from 2006 though he didn't make a big impact till 2011. I might be off on his RC year but if you’re limited in funds you need to pick someone who has a 50/50 chance at doing well in the next few years.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(11-07-2012, 11:59 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: Your problem will be all prospects now will be expensive no matter what. If you want to collect a single player I would grab a Rookie player from maybe 2010 that has potential but really hasn't made it in the majors yet. If you look for baseball players not all of them make it big right away as some take a few years. Matt Kemp could be an example as I believe his first card was from 2006 though he didn't make a big impact till 2011. I might be off on his RC year but if you’re limited in funds you need to pick someone who has a 50/50 chance at doing well in the next few years.
I've been considering Madison Bumgarner but can't really find any cards worth collecting. although i think he has a bright future

Jason Heyward, his 2010 rookies are up there a bit but nothing like Trout or Harper. For 2012 I would pick Matt Moore or Yoenis Cespedes and maybe Josh Bell. Yu hype has gone down but some of his cards are still high $$
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

I made the same decision when i was like 15 in 1995. I chose Cal Ripken, he was already a star in 95. The funny thing is im not an orioles fan lol
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

In a way It has to be a guy from your team or some how made a connection to. Be it met him in person or shared same school or home town. Look at your teams depth chart and top prospects and go from there.

(11-08-2012, 08:10 AM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: In a way It has to be a guy from your team or some how made a connection to. Be it met him in person or shared same school or home town. Look at your teams depth chart and top prospects and go from there.
I went to school with garin and Gavin cecchinni. I kinda considers Gavin but I don't think he really has much of a future.

I think Buster Posey would be a worthwhile investment as far as young players but as others have said, you should really pick someone YOU have an interest in.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Don't go with any new Giants prospects.. Wossa on Ebay has huge buying power and all the key cards from those guys are in his collection already.
My funny athlete names collection: https://www.facebook.com/groups/935847757314558
IG: dicks_n_funny_athlete_names
Whatnot: funnyathletenames