`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Becketts.......

RE: Old Becketts.......
I still have the Bo Jackson issue where he is wearing the shoulder pads and has the bat behind his neck. And a handful of others from the late 80's/early 90's.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(11-08-2012, 01:19 AM)Haze28 Wrote: I still have the Bo Jackson issue where he is wearing the shoulder pads and has the bat behind his neck. And a handful of others from the late 80's/early 90's.
I think i have a card like that somewhere. I also have a Jordan playing baseball. Funny looking back at those things.

I have the first basketball beckett with Jordan on the cover. I always wondered if that was worth anything...?
[Image: medlendodger_zps6b1c847c.jpg]
**Looking for Kris Medlen cards, willing to trade/buy**

(11-08-2012, 11:55 AM)Murzcoach Wrote: I have the first basketball beckett with Jordan on the cover. I always wondered if that was worth anything...?
Man, that thing was selling for $20 nearly 20 years ago. It's got to be worth a bit more than that now, I would imagine.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(11-08-2012, 03:03 PM)aprirr Wrote: Man, that thing was selling for $20 nearly 20 years ago. It's got to be worth a bit more than that now, I would imagine.
Nice! I remember buying it at big card show in like '91? It was $5, and that was the only thing Jordan at the time I could afford (I was 12 years old). Glad I put it in a page, it’s still nice. I have a stack of those old Legends Magazines too, those still collectable?

(11-08-2012, 04:32 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: Nice! I remember buying it at big card show in like '91? It was $5, and that was only thing Jordan at the time I could afford (I was 12 years old). Glad I put it in a page, it’s still nice. I have a stack of those old Legends Magazines too, those still collectable?
That I don't know. I was 13 when that first Beckett Basketball came out and, in my teenage ultimate wisdom, I decided I was going to wait for Issue #2 with David Robinson on the cover. I still have it but....it isn't Jordan.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

(11-08-2012, 04:38 PM)aprirr Wrote: That I don't know. I was 13 when that first Beckett Basketball came out and, in my teenage ultimate wisdom, I decided I was going to wait for Issue #2 with David Robinson on the cover. I still have it but....it isn't Jordan.
Haha I was kind of the same. I was a big Robinson fan so I bought that one too. I still have it as well but I never put it in plastic so its not as nice as the Jordan. One of the few basketball cards I have in my PC is a Hoops RC IP Auto of Mr. Robinson. Its in a 3/4 screw down right next to my '89 UD Griffey. Those were my two absolute favorite cards in the 90's. I don't think I'll ever get rid of either of those.

(11-08-2012, 04:42 PM)Murzcoach Wrote: Haha I was kind of the same. I was a big Robinson fan so I bought that one too. I still have it as well but I never put it in plastic so its not as nice as the Jordan. One of the few basketball cards I have in my PC is a Hoops RC IP Auto of Mr. Robinson. Its in a 3/4 screw down right next to my '89 UD Griffey. Those were my two absolute favorite cards in the 90's. I don't think I'll ever get rid of either of those.
Ahh, the memories those two cards bring back. Never had the Griffey but I paid $30 for the Robinson back in the day. I had to mow a lot of lawns to get that baby. Still got it, though!

(11-08-2012, 05:05 PM)aprirr Wrote: Ahh, the memories those two cards bring back. Never had the Griffey but I paid $30 for the Robinson back in the day. I had to mow a lot of lawns to get that baby. Still got it, though!
Yup! Those were pretty much the flagship's of my collection back then. I traded a handful of '89 Donruss errors for the Griffey at Frank & Son's. The Robinson was a birthday present that I had to pay half of. I actually had the thing on lay-away for a few months at the LCS, haha.

most becketts can be picked up for a dollar or 2 on ebay. most beckett magazines on ebay go unsold, however