`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Topps chrome case. Bust or resale?

2012 Topps chrome case. Bust or resale?
My question is just as the Subject suggests, I want y'alls input on what to do with my case when it comes in. I have been mulling over the options, resale and make a little extra pocket change, bust in hopes of a huge hit, or hold onto the case and see what happens.

The price has already risen quite a bit and I don't expect too much more of an increase. My problem is it's hard for me to get ahold of sealed product and not dream about pulling a dream card.

Let me know what y'all think.

RE: 2012 Topps chrome case. Bust or resale?
Bust it until you get what you collect then sell the rest.
Looking to trade. I collect Patriots Autos and memorabilia cards. Set builders check my organize. Adding hundreds weekly.

Chances are you wont pull that dream card but it would still be a blast to bust! If I bought a case I would bust it lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Sell sell sell because once the Luck and RGIII Superfractors are found the price will plummet fast. Look at Bowman Chrome Baseball now that the Harper and Darvish Superfractors have been found you can get a sealed hobby box for around $60 BIN on ebay.

Or another way to do it is sell individual team spots for a live break except for the Redskins and Colts. That way you get rid of the junk and if by some miracle you pull a nice auto or superfractor of RG3 or Luck you still get to keep those to resale yourself plus you just made a profit on the rest of the stuff you probably didn't want anyhow.

Bust it
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

My standard answer ... ABE

Always ... Bust ... Everything!

What a dilemma. I haven't bought any cards for about 6 months, aside from one box of Panini Prestige, so I could pay for this case. It would be a shame to not get the excitement of opening the case to make a couple hundred dollars (maybe). I may open a few boxes and sell the rest, or sell singles/ teams.
(11-07-2012, 03:57 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: Sell sell sell because once the Luck and RGIII Superfractors are found the price will plummet fast. Look at Bowman Chrome Baseball now that the Harper and Darvish Superfractors have been found you can get a sealed hobby box for around $60 BIN on ebay.

Or another way to do it is sell individual team spots for a live break except for the Redskins and Colts. That way you get rid of the junk and if by some miracle you pull a nice auto or superfractor of RG3 or Luck you still get to keep those to resale yourself plus you just made a profit on the rest of the stuff you probably didn't want anyhow.
That's pretty good advice actually, but then my luck would be that I pull some amazing card for another team. haha. It would be awesome to pull a superfractor. I have pulled a few 1/1s but mostly printing plates for baseball semistars along with one piazza 1/1 sketch card that's actually pretty cool.

I would say that any person who thinks they are actually going to profit from busting wax (case or not) is delusional. Sure you MIGHT be able to make some of your money back, but unless you hit something amazing like the Superfractor or Top rookie autos, you won't make your money back.

As far as case break goes, there are only a few decent teams out there that people want (Colts, Redskins, Buccaneers, Eagles, Browns come to the top of my mind), but if you are keeping 2 of those teams, you can almost forget making any kind of profit or even breaking even.

Just my opinion...

(11-07-2012, 07:22 PM)usafshelland Wrote: I would say that any person who thinks they are actually going to profit from busting wax (case or not) is delusional. Sure you MIGHT be able to make some of your money back, but unless you hit something amazing like the Superfractor or Top rookie autos, you won't make your money back.

As far as case break goes, there are only a few decent teams out there that people want (Colts, Redskins, Buccaneers, Eagles, Browns come to the top of my mind), but if you are keeping 2 of those teams, you can almost forget making any kind of profit or even breaking even.

Just my opinion...
+1 I would never pass up the opportunity to bust it.

[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

I would break the case and sell all but one box and save the cash for the next product to come out that I like.