`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Collector - 2012 Bowman Chrome

RE: New Collector - 2012 Bowman Chrome
(11-06-2012, 10:21 PM)nickkniseley Wrote: It is definitely hard to not pick up a blaster when I make a Wal-Mart run, especially since there's no hobby stores nearby, but I am trying to just stick the twenty in my pocket and just put it towards a box. Is there anywhere I can read up on all of the different sets that are coming out and see what the differences will be? The toughest thing getting back into this has been trying to keep track of the different sets and what the differences are.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?ma...cPath=8_11

^click on each product and it will give you a small information.

Also on Beckett's front page you will see usually Chris Old's First Look on future products.

Those are my two favorite places to look, others will have a lot more ideas
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

(11-06-2012, 10:21 PM)nickkniseley Wrote: It is definitely hard to not pick up a blaster when I make a Wal-Mart run, especially since there's no hobby stores nearby, but I am trying to just stick the twenty in my pocket and just put it towards a box. Is there anywhere I can read up on all of the different sets that are coming out and see what the differences will be? The toughest thing getting back into this has been trying to keep track of the different sets and what the differences are.
Try to sample each one to find out which you like the best. I love Bowman (all three releases -base, chrome, and draft) because I like prospecting, rookies and the autos. Some people are nuts for Allen Ginter or Gypsy Queen for minis. Some the flashy Finest, Triple Threads or Platinum. And some just like good old classic Topps or the retro Heritage or Archives. One thing that's nice is Topps is the only MLB licensed brand remaining which focuses the hobby from what use to be a very cluttered market.
Anyways welcome back to the hobby! I've only just returned 4 years ago from about 12 years off. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for all the responses everyone, it's clearing a lot of things up that I was confused about. It certainly is more exciting then I remember, but I was just a young'n then. Half the fun for me has been reading everyone else's posts on what cards they've pulled. I'm looking forward to sharing more of my breaks with everyone here!
Pittsburgh Pirates and San Diego Chargers Fan!
New collector, looking to collect McCutchen and other Buccos players.

My (small) Photobucket!

Looking forward to 2013 I had the same thought of saving up for a case of A&G or Bowman Chrome as they have been my favorite cards for the last couple of years since I also got back into cards. For me A&G is unique due to the mini and non-baseball players. Bowman Chrome I like due to the color refractors.
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.