`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1934 Goudey Pick-Ups

RE: 1934 Goudey Pick-Ups
Nice pickups! JMO you have to have some vintage in your collection!
[Image: 4493bcb91_zpsb323e81b.jpg]

Looking for 2012 & 2013 Topps inserts and sp's

My bucket

(11-05-2012, 05:51 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Got a new group in today for the '34 Goudey set I'm working on. All but one are staying as I already had one of the cards.
[Image: 34lot_0002.jpg][Image: 34lot_0001.jpg]
Question
I have 25 vintage cards ready to go to sgc but I'm gonna wait til after the holidays. I've been researching pics of certain grades to see what my cards might get. Just looking at these cards you have even they are all vg the upper right Lynn Nelson looks closer to Ex than Vg. Is there a crease I cannot see? For the mist part sgc seems more accurate and consistent but I see sone inconsistencies in the cards shown for all of them to get a Vg. Can you comment... Thank you, just looking for some input before I send mine in

(11-05-2012, 05:51 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Got a new group in today for the '34 Goudey set I'm working on. All but one are staying as I already had one of the cards.
Question
I have 25 vintage cards ready to go to sgc but I'm gonna wait til after the holidays. I've been researching pics of certain grades to see what my cards might get. Just looking at these cards you have even they are all vg the upper right Lynn Nelson looks closer to Ex than Vg. Is there a crease I cannot see? For the mist part sgc seems more accurate and consistent but I see sone inconsistencies in the cards shown for all of them to get a Vg. Can you comment... Thank you, just looking for some input before I send mine in

Question
I have 25 vintage cards ready to go to sgc but I'm gonna wait til after the holidays. I've been researching pics of certain grades to see what my cards might get. Just looking at these cards you have even they are all vg the upper right Lynn Nelson looks closer to Ex than Vg. Is there a crease I cannot see? For the mist part sgc seems more accurate and consistent but I see sone inconsistencies in the cards shown for all of them to get a Vg( a few look better). Can you comment... Thank you, just looking for some input before I send mine in... Nice cards by the way

(12-09-2012, 08:26 PM)lilgman Wrote: Question
I have 25 vintage cards ready to go to sgc but I'm gonna wait til after the holidays. I've been researching pics of certain grades to see what my cards might get. Just looking at these cards you have even they are all vg the upper right Lynn Nelson looks closer to Ex than Vg. Is there a crease I cannot see? For the mist part sgc seems more accurate and consistent but I see sone inconsistencies in the cards shown for all of them to get a Vg( a few look better). Can you comment... Thank you, just looking for some input before I send mine in... Nice cards by the way
SGC usually has some good monthly specials so make sure to check those out. I don't recall off the top of my head what they are for December but it might be worth sending them in before the end of the year to catch the specials if some of your cards apply.

All the cards above are graded as "GOOD". Admittedly, some do look slightly better/worse than others but they're the ones that get up close and personal with them and not me. However, if there is a 'scale' of each grade some do appear to be on the higher end and others on the lower end. Also, the slabs are not in the hottest shape. I purchased them all in two lots from a guy on ebay and he apparently moved them around a lot which might make things look worse than they are. Some cards look better than others and some do have surface wrinkles/creases so those are things you cannot see.

Ultimately, I don't really care what the label says anyway. I fully trust them with my cards and they present well in their holders.