Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice

Advice
Hey guys/gals,
I mostly collect football rookies and vintage football and baseball, but I'd like to get back into current baseball. I'm wondering what the consensus may be on decent products that are fun to break and have a decent hit-to-value ratio. I like the looks of Heritage, bowman chrome, and tops chrome but haven't pulled the trigger yet on any of these. I like to collect rookies and autos/game-used. Thoughts? Thanks for your input!

RE: Advice
If you're looking for game used, stay away from Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome. Those products have autos only. Finest is a product that has both GUd and auto cards as well as lots of rookies and refractors. You will also get lots of refractors in the Chrome products.

If you like vintage looking cards, Topps Heritage is the best way to go. Gypsy Queen also has decent autos and RCs from current guys as well as past stars. Bowman Chrome and Topps Chrome will only have prospects and current stars.

From the three you listed my favorite would have to be basic Topps (1,2 or update). Bowman Chrome a close second due to the different color parallels. Heritage is third for me from those three.

Sice you like autos/game used a jumbo box for Topps 1,2 or Update has one auto and two relics with a price point $90-110 a box depending on the store. Bowman Chrome is good for prospect autos with one per hobby box.

For me if you are getting back into current cards I start with basic Topps with its varity of cards.
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.

Totally agree with CincinnatiKid. Topps HTA/Jumbo boxes are the way to go starting out. 3 hits out of 10 packs, a ton of inserts and you get a boat load of base-set cards!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the advice and look forward to being more active on the baseball side of things! Just need to make the time to set up my org and make some trades!

Jumbos of Topps are good. But people didn't mention Gypsy Queen and A+G. Those have good hits for the value most times.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Allen & Ginter is the most fun you can have IMO. And if you want hit to value ratio, Triple Threads is fun if you don't get let down. I opened Heritage and was VERY disappointed. couple of SP's, 1 gu OR auto per box (mine was a tommy hanson single color jersey) and 3 common player chromes

(11-01-2012, 06:09 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Jumbos of Topps are good. But people didn't mention Gypsy Queen and A+G. Those have good hits for the value most times.
I have to agree that A&G an GQ do have good hits for the value. While I personaly have not opened and hobby GQ I did have good luck with the five or so blaster I picked up. Actualy got some of them for $11.99 at Target.

A&G is one of my favorite issues yearly and the two hobby boxes I opened were OK. All my hits other then a Coins of the World box topper were relic cards.

If I were going to bust a hobby box of A&G or GQ I most likely would go with GQ.

Michael
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.

Yeah, because GQ has 2 autos per box, while A+G has one in three boxes.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!