`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
After 25 years it's over

After 25 years it's over
My Dad got a package in the mail from a grade school friend of his yesterday (my Dad is 66). This package contained about 20 cards, with one in particular being much more meaningful to us than all the others. This package from Dad's third grade best friend Fred contained a 1960 Topps Chicago Cubs Team card.

The significance? It was the final card we needed to complete the set. We started working on this set in 1987, steadily piecing it together one card at a time. Life gets in the way, which has led us to being stuck on one last card for about a year now. I never thought we would finish, and now that we finally are done I don't know how to feel.

RE: After 25 years it's over
Big congratulations to you and your dad on completing the set together.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

A congratulations to you and your dad that has been a long time coming!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Congrats! A very awesome accomplishment. Goes to show that it's more about the journey and work put into the set than the final destination in completing it. Sounds like it's time to begin a new journey in completing another set!

congrats on completeing the 25 yr set, its always great to knock of sets no matter how long it takes

thanks for the great story on how you got the card

I bet it's kind of a bummer yet a relief at the same time. Congrats and now it's time to start a new collection
Currently collecting Ravel Santana Bowman Prospect Auto refractors!
Need: Red, Purple, Gold, Orange & Super.

If you see any items listed on eBay or for trade please let me know!!

Very cool that you were able to do it together.
Photobucket