Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fakes
Sad 
Fakes
Hi, I was hoping for some advice. I bought two cards on ebay in May for total about $300. I only just recently took them out of the holders and I am 99% certain they are fakes. The cardboard feels light and same top edge on both cards is choppy. The lenghth vs. a normal card is tiny bit short. My guess is 6 months is way too long ago to have any recourse through ebay? Its too bad and I guess I learned my lesson, that is, always inspect ungraded cards thoroughly , measure them, weigh them , etc . and if something does not seem right then get a professional opinion right away. That way you can still get a refund. Its kind of amazing how well some of these things can be faked though. Anyhow I am going to send in for grading to be sure but I have a bad feeling about it. The seller is a reputable seller (I think he cosigns) so my guess is he had no idea either he was selling me a couple fakes. Once I get the card back from grading as altered I suppose I will let seller know.

RE: Fakes
I got $20 yoou bought them from Bigboyd.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(11-02-2012, 10:54 PM)branesergen Wrote: I got $20 yoou bought them from Bigboyd.
They actually came back as real but evidence of trimming. I dont agree that one of them was trimmed because the others i see online are cut the same way. I think the card manufacturer just did a bad job cutting one of the edges. Anyhow bigboyd i have seen his cards i do not buy from him seems he sells a lot of NM 8 type of quality but sells them raw ungraded. I dont expect to get a good quality card from him so i dont bother.

Bigboyd a rip off glad u got some good news
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK