`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Your best (or worst) trade ever

Your best (or worst) trade ever
Thought I'd ask you guys what your best/biggest/worst trade has been. I'm sure there have been some great successes and failures.

Of course, everything is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe it's finding the last rare card to complete a set, or trading away a Pujols auto in 2003 for a Baldelli RC, or unloading a Pineda superfractor "just in time." Maybe you were able to trade away a whole PC and start another.

Anyway, just thought I'd get a little chitter chatter going now that the baseball season is over. So, let's hear it...

For my part, I've only really been doing a lot of trading for the last year or so. Over the winter I traded down on a handful of (at the time) $30 Trout RC autos. Got what I wanted at the time, but wouldn't mind having those back.

Over the summer, I was able to pick up quite a few cards of a Tigers prospect (Avisail Garcia) before he got called up. Nothing major (and, in fact, I was offering 2x BV in trades), but I was glad to be able to start a decent little PC.

I've done about 150 trades on Beckett and have basically been able to start 3 different fairly respectable PCs from scratch. Of course, I've bought my fair share of singles too, but trading here has been a lot of fun.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

RE: Your best (or worst) trade ever
did a trade here about 2 months ago. traded a Harper auto and Machado auto for about 500 dollars in cards that i couldnt pass up. my thing was he was a new trader and wanted them right away. he got mine and his never should up. confirmation said they were delivered but no where to be found. my mistake was shipping first to this new trader. still upset about it.

My worst would probably be a Bonds jersey card for a couple SPs, not too bright.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Traded a Mike Trout 11 Finest auto orange refractor for an 03 Donruss Signature Hideo Nomo auto that he signed Tornado...I collect nomo and I love the card but wish I had the Trout back..plus the Tornado portion of the auto is only partially visible

I love looking through my old trade invoices because they update with the updated price guide

My top three worst trades

3.(me giving up) Strasburg Quad Tribute relic for some common PC cards

2.(me giving up) Finest Trout RC, jeter and cano commons for some Justin morneau commons

1.and my worst (me giving up) Mark Trumbo Gold Auto for Justin Morneau TTT Relic and Brett Lawrie Red Tint Heritage

Oh well I have had a couple go my way. I wouldn't change anything because I felt they were fair at the time
[Image: 7xIxBeM.png]
Courtesy of jbel4331

I'm from Canada and shipping can be very slow. If that is not acceptable then I guess I can't help you. Thanks for looking.

My Photobucket
http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m625...e22briguy/

I too traded a Trout finest orange auto before the season started, I can't even remember what I traded it for but I know it is nowhere near what the Trout is worth now.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I think I too traded some Trouts, they were only base, though, because I never pulled an auto.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

My worst was one of my first here, just got back into the hobby and was clueless about what I was doing. Wasnt paying for baseball pricing, traded away around 300.00 worth of cards for about 30.00 worth of commons. I personally wouldn't accept a deal like that if I knew it was that lopsided but it's done and over. Live and learn.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

Traded a 2011 Tribute Heyward Auto Mem for a 2010 Finest Auto Refractor Trout way back in February. I think the Trout was $20 at the time. Sold it about 2 months ago for $200 to put towards my Jeters.

I forgot what I traded but I did a trade for a Starlin Castro Rookie Auto Refractor way back when before he got hot. Then his card skyrocketed and sold that to.
[Image: Untitled_zpsec8eef53.jpg]

I be collecting BGS Jeter RC's & Tom Seaver (Mets Uniform) Autos/Patches

My PC Bucket.

http://s944.photobucket.com/albums/ad281/mjkata78/

Mine wasn't a trade, but I sold a Miguel Cabrera auto/35 for a whopping $26 back in July.

His autos don't go for a ton anyway, but $26?

Out of 35?

For a Triple Crown winner?

Wish I had that one back.

I'm a Tigers fan, too!