`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
No Gold Glove for Trout

No Gold Glove for Trout
3 O's on the list and no Trout.....let the complaining begin over the awards this year
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

RE: No Gold Glove for Trout
well the O's made the playoffs and the angels didnt so i dont see why picking on their team is a fair arguement. If trout is worth all this hype he should have no problem winning gold gloves for years to come. he's ROTY so not exactly like he's getting picked on. he's also more known for his bat then his defense(not saying he's a horrible defender but he did make some throwing mistakes this year) not sure if stats show that, i dont think they mark those as errors but he gets the throwing errors outta his system and he'll have no prob in the future
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(10-31-2012, 03:20 PM)pyr0punk Wrote: well the O's made the playoffs and the angels didnt so i dont see why picking on their team is a fair arguement. If trout is worth all this hype he should have no problem winning gold gloves for years to come. he's ROTY so not exactly like he's getting picked on. he's also more known for his bat then his defense(not saying he's a horrible defender but he did make some throwing mistakes this year) not sure if stats show that, i dont think they mark those as errors but he gets the throwing errors outta his system and he'll have no prob in the future
I wasnt picking on their team was just stating they had three guys on the team
Detroit Tigers Set Collector
Justin Verlander Miguel Cabrera Al Kaline Ty Cobb

The minute the angels didn't make playoffs was the same moment everyone knew he wouldn't win mvp.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

Yeah the MVP is 99% of the time on a playoff team. I thought the amazing catches would win him one, but I guess not.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-31-2012, 07:41 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Yeah the MVP is 99% of the time on a playoff team. I thought the amazing catches would win him one, but I guess not.
I thought they try to do the opposite. So one or two teams don't win most of the awards. Mauer won it in 09' over Jeter, Yanks won it all. But i guess the twins did make the playoffs. Like McCutchen winning it on the Pirates over someone on a playoff team. But i guess it makes sense to give it to a player on a team that made the playoff's.

With that said i Think R.A. Dickey should win the NL Cy Young. 20 Wins on a Team that finished 14 games under .500....
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

Gold Gloves are the stupidest awards ever. Derek Jeter won so many when he was just downright awful on the field.
If you are going to ship in a plain white envelope, please let me know before shipping unless agreed upon beforehand.

If you do not have more than 25 trades, you are sending first! Or else,
sorry!

I don't know how much team success has to do with the Gold Gloves seeing as how not a single member of the Giants was even a finalist. I'm sure if the vote took place after the postseason, Brandon Crawford would have at least been a finalist at shortstop. Regardless, they're way too arbitrarily voted on.

A pretty notorious gold glove story was when Palmeiro won it one year and only played like 28 games in the field!
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

We should note that Adam Jones is actually a very good defensive center fielder. Regardless of Trout's ability in the field, he didn't lose it to a bad outfielder.