`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topps Giveaways

Topps Giveaways
Is it just me or have the Topps Online Giveaways been getting worse? I thought Million Card was cool, loved Diamond, not a huge fan of Golden, and I think I will hate next year's Million Dollar. It looks as awful as the Game Time Giveaway for football. Do you think they have been getting worse?
I would rank the giveaways as this:
1. Diamond Giveaway (2011)
2. Million Card Giveaway (2010)
3. Golden Giveaway (2012)
4. Million Dollar Giveaway (2013)
I admit I don't know about the Million Dollar Giveaway, but from what I have read, it doesn't look good.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: Topps Giveaways
This years giveaway is the first one I really participated in and it has worked out well for me. I have 13 cards including a 14k gold embedded 1/1 and am 1 coin away from the Mays auto. Will I get that coin? Probably not but one can hope!
Only problem I'm having is I can't get them to ship the cards to me. Says its unavailable...
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

Yea, seems like they've been declining every year. I had the most fun w/ the Million Card Giveaway, the Diamond Giveaway was alright too, but this one is just too lame. Not a fan of this virtual junk... At least the others I got something that I could at least try and flip.

Topps said they really wanted to do something special for the 60th, which was the diamond in 2011. I think people liked 2010 enough to catch on, then once 2011 started it was even better and the expectation was that it would continue to go uphill. The problem is Topps lost money or barely broke even (I forget the exact wording) to make what they did for 2011 possible. It was an acceptable loss to them that one time, but it has to come from somewhere which makes this years appear like such a drop off. It went from medium, to great, to at least medium again if not lower, but in comparison to the great 2011 promo most people grade it as being "bad".

Going alone with Haze, I think more of the complaints are about the delivery of things won more than the odds of winning. Many people are waiting a long time for $10 off codes, which is something most other sites/companies would be able to automate. I didn't realize there were issues with card delivery, but that does add to the disappointment.
[Image: badtime.jpg]

I haven't had any of my cards delivered yet but it has been 3 months since I earned the $10 gift codes and I am still waiting.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

I would agree with those rankings. I liked getting an actual card instead of virtual crap. I think Diamond Givaway was the best because it combined the actual cards with the virtual prizes, and the prizes were actually good. I think the die cuts were cool at first too, but they aren't as cool the second time around.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

They are going more for a social media type deal with the game within the game which is the giveaway itself. They are trying to get people involved in actually playing instead of just entering a code and feeling like they won nothing if they don't get a card. So the game part is actually like a second chance type deal.

(10-31-2012, 12:13 AM)Haze28 Wrote: This years giveaway is the first one I really participated in and it has worked out well for me. I have 13 cards including a 14k gold embedded 1/1 and am 1 coin away from the Mays auto. Will I get that coin? Probably not but one can hope!
Only problem I'm having is I can't get them to ship the cards to me. Says its unavailable...
I would be happy to try to trade you the coin you're missing, if I have it.

I don't know how I could trade it directly to you, but maybe I could let you know when I was going to push the trade button so you'd be the first person to see it (???)

Anyone else know how that works, or could work?

If you're that close to a Mays auto I'd love to help a fellow member out.

There is one SP coin 1:6666 codes, which is probably what you are missing Haze28.I think acevanquish is right as to why the Golden Giveaway is worse than Diamond. The same thing happened to me with the $10 off, aprirr.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I unlocked all three of the $10 off codes over three months ago and still have not recived them. But, that being said I like the style of this years cards better. But over all last years Diamond Giveaway has ben the best to date IMO.
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.