`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MORE BGS aggravation! :(

MORE BGS aggravation! :(
Ive been sending in cards for over 2-3 years now. I am generally satisfied with their services and really dont gripe too much about grades.

WHAT DOES get on my bad side is when they just decide out of the blue at random that they dont grade a certain card anymore.
I send in most of my 90's signatures (UD Heroes, Fleer/Ultra Highlights etc etc) to get graded and authenticated and have placed 10 orders with them where Ive had at least 1-3 of those type cards in there.

Now today as my grades pop apparently I now see they added those to cards they will not grade.
1992-93 Ultra Jeremy Roenick Jeremy Roenick AU = Service Unavailable
1992 Ultra Gwynn Tony Gwynn AU = Service Unavailable
1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals J.Elway AU/T.Davis = Service Unavailable

Funny thing is, I sent in the Elway/Davis before about over a year ago and it was returned graded 9.5.
I think they are forcing me to join PSA, as I refuse to send to JSA then to BGS to be slabbed.
THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE EXPERTS!!!
If they cant tell the difference of a fake in person, But I KNOW what is a fake on ebay, then I believe that is a problem!! What a joke!
PS: I also believe if they refuse to grade a certain card, then there should be a published list of those cards. I submit in person at show, I NEVER mail in, but for some reason they dont tell me at the show either which ones will not be graded. I feel like its wasting my time and $ at times.
Here is my graded Elway/Davis Penpals
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals J.Elway AU/T.Davis 9.5 View
Now out of the blue, "service unavailable". Yea.....Like you can even find another one. pfft.

RE: MORE BGS aggravation! :(
Sucks man sorry to here this happened. I would call and ask them why you wasted money on something they decided not to provide anymore. And you know they are not going to give that money back to you.

(10-30-2012, 01:56 PM)pine tar Wrote: Sucks man sorry to here this happened. I would call and ask them why you wasted money on something they decided not to provide anymore. And you know they are not going to give that money back to you.
In their defense, I wasnt charged for the "service unavailable" cards ( I double checked my CC account ). But its frustrating beyond belief that one month they grade certain cards, and then the next they dont anymore.

I have the FULL 1998 PenPals set all BGS graded.(all I submitted except one) Now I have to submit to PSA instead.
CONSISTENCY!!! Especially when they are the "card experts". Now this and the status of the order are my biggest gripes.

Here are more Fleer/Ultra Highlights autographs Ive had graded, ( a few as early as April of this year!!!):
Basketball 1993-94 Fleer Clyde Drexler Clyde Drexler AU 9.0 View
Hockey 1994-95 Ultra Sergei Fedorov Sergei Fedorov/AU 9.0 View
Basketball 1993-94 Ultra Karl Malone Karl Malone AU 9.0 View
Baseball 1992 Fleer Clemens Roger Clemens AU/2000 8.0 View

WHY 6 MONTHS LATER THEY DONT GRADE ANYMORE????

and here are my Penpals Ive submitted:
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals J.Elway AU/T.Davis 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals S.Mitchell AU/B.Sanders 9.0 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals R.Leaf/P.Manning No Auto 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals D.Bledsoe AU/K.Stewart AU 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals T.Aikman AU/K.Collins AU 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals Favre AU/B.Sanders No AU 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals Aikman AU/Irvin/Smith 7.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals J.Elway AU/B.Favre AU 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals J.Elway AU/D.Marino AU 9.5 View
Football 1998 Pinnacle Inscriptions Pen Pals J.Rice AU/S.Young AU 9.5 View

AND WHY 1 YEAR LATER THEY DONT GRADE ANYMORE????
Drives me crazy.
Its not like there is an infux of fakes, I have it saved in my email watchlist and they rarely EVER show up!

Just got a call from the NY rep.
Hes gonna work with me and give me a heads up on cards I submit in the future before shows.

Hes a good guy and surprised he went out of way to contact me (especially since he has much bigger headaches being in NY).
I just got Hotheaded and posted this before talking to him first.

Yeah, that bugs me too. Glad there is a good ending.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!