`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Hurricane Sandy Thread

RE: OT: Hurricane Sandy Thread
It's bad. I'm on my phone just to see news. Cell service is very slow. Half of my development is under water from the bay. Luckily I'm just out of it. All that happened to my house was branches and a few shingles fell off. Took a ride to my girlfrieds in next town over and just bad. Never seen anything like this in person before. Trees are down like crazy. Falling on houses and cars. Fires last night. This famous deli in ocean gate burned down Sad bout 20 away

No power = no heat. Charging phone in car. A wawa and 711 are open. Shoprite is open just for coffee. One radio station is completely down. As for the famous seaside boardwalk....rides are supposedly in the ocean.

Everyone is safe of who I know of so that's great. When I get power back on ill upload some pictures

Way I look at it is that it could have been much worse. Never liked our governor Christie because of crap with teachers but he is kicking butt right now. Glad he is governor
Just glad it isn't the freezing winter yet.
[Image: Z2PfG.png]

COLLECTING ALL JOEY GALLO AND ADDISON RUSSELL !!!

We are in bad bad shape. If I owe you cards I won't get them out for a few days. All I have is a cell phone charger and a now very slow 4g phone. Stay safe everyone
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

Stay safe everyone, it's not moving north judging by the radar, looks like its just spinning now over pa, md, ny and nj
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

Better late than never.
[Image: 2012-10-29_17-22-52_818.jpg]

For a solid 8 - 10 hours the winds on Monday night into Tuesday morning were in the 50 - 70 mph range with gusts around 80. The few blocks around me escaped with extremely minimal damage, elsewhere is was a different story. Most gas stations were without power & if a deli or a Dunkin Donuts was open it was like the end of the world, I never saw anything like it. I was running late for work & figured i would get something at the deli next to my job. At 10 am the line was out the door, as i got closer to being served the guy yells out "the only thing left is black coffee" lol. A deli that has parking for just 2 cars so it's usually well stocked looked like a vacated business. The Dunkin Donuts down the block had food but the line was so long it would probably be an hour to get to the counter.
With so many areas devastated like the 80+ houses that burned in Breezy Point in Queens, NY & people coming together to help each other, here are people that mainly lost electricity yet were divided over food & gas. If i didn't see it i wouldn't have believed it.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

Hey guys

so 2 hours ago I got my power back. so sad. I never experienced anything like this. and it isnt even that I'm in bad shape because our worst situation is we lost all our food in the fridge and a few shingles on our house. Friends of mine lost their house where water went all throughout the first floor. lost their brand new car. people dying in seaside or LBI. its just sad and crazy, who would have thought this would happen.

For the first time I'm seeing these pictures. My iPhone was working but very very slow connection. Gas lines are still insane where half the stores around have no power. Just annoys me when I listen to Jersey 101.5 and I hear some guy calling up criticizing the pole workers because they do not see them or that they see some trucks at a five guys eating. these guys work non stop and they deserve a break. Seeing all these trucks driving around from other states (electric companies) felt so great to see others helping out. and with all the politics around it felt great how a huge republican (Christie) and democrat (Obama) came together as people. I respect them both so much. Just catching a news glimpse tonight but listening to christie on the radio the past few days i'm happy he is governor...and he has been saying that Obama has been handling this all well... but anyway makes me mad how that guy on the radio complains of no power meanwhile you have some without homes. TREES ARE STILL ON TOP OF HOUSES and wires are still down and you have this jerk complaining of no power

Sorry for ranting, I'm just so devasted hearing about this I guess because it is all in my backyard. I used to go to seaside almost everyday in the summer to either walk the boardwalk or go to Midway cheesesteaks...Midway was the place Christie talked about as the free standing sausage place that just was gone. they made the best worst cheesesteaks lol for like 7 bucks...you get a steak um with velvetta cheese sauce on a 6 inch sub lol... it was so good somehow. or you go to the rides. The log flume and the rollercoaster that is in the water, I remember it as a little kid and now it is gone.

All these questions go through my mind like on LBI is fantasy island still there? (arcade) or the Chegg (local legend dive) or what about Old Barney the lighthouse.. its just sad. Today someone I know who works for Wawa was saying that they were using snow plows to get the sand off the streets. It's just crazy. Also up in point...we took my brothers wedding pictures there... areas are gone.

sorry for the long rant...just everything I've been thinking.. I cant wait to drive over to seaside or lbi to just see the place..it'll be weeks from now but geez, its going to be so emotional...I hope they don't find anymore bodies. here are some pictures, the first two are from a house on my street. The others are just memories that are now so damaged it's crazy
[Image: EA5FF82F-5A42-4495-9AC8-A129AE75BA96-193...BE31D6.jpg]
[Image: E769C6C3-DF96-4059-8180-900029BCC774-193...165F41.jpg]
[Image: LogFlume.jpg]
[Image: Giraffe.jpg]
see the giraffe in the upper left. That is a rooftop mini golf course. They had objects like the giraffe and a gorilla and a zebra. I'm surprised it is still standing which is weird. but once I got a hole in one on the final hole. celebrate so crazyily when I was 18 haha
[Image: 8866975_600x338.jpg]
so many memories with my friends when I was in high school from the boardwalk

From the nasty winter storms here in the winter of 2009/10, 2010/11 plus Hurricane Irene & the October snowstorm last year & now this. It seems the severity of weather has changed dramatically. I think it was June of 2011 we had such a hailstorm that people were using snowblowers & it still didn't melt the following day in 80 degree temps.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

2 1/2 days here in NH with no power. Just got mine back.
Still, I'm not really going to complain about this one. Ice storm 3 years ago, wind storm in 2010, Halloween snowstorm last year... all were 5+ days of no power, trees in the roads, debris all over the place, cold houses, pulling card orders in the dark, PSNH being useless, spoiled food, etc. This year without the power, we had warm weather, just a few knocked down trees, quickly cleared roads, open stores & restaurants, and just overall preparedness from the previous 3 disasters here.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

(11-01-2012, 03:42 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: From the looks of my Facebook feed my old friends back in New York seem to be alright, a little shaken though. Never thought that something like a hurricane could hit New York, the place I once called home.

Hopefully nothing terrible'll happen like the radiation leak that occured over here after the giant earthquake and devastating tsunami, floods and aftershocks. Japan still hasn't been able to do anything about it and everyone's trying to just sweep it under the rug.

Okay, sorry I got a little off-topic. Stay safe stera8 and everyone else on the east coast.
Thanks I appreciate it and yeah that radiation is scary.... In town we have the oldest operating power plant in the U.S. and if something happened to that... geez so scary

Must have looked like the world was ending. Glad you guys are okay.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!