`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Harden Traded

RE: James Harden Traded
(10-29-2012, 06:43 AM)kenarm79 Wrote: OKC isn't a new team, they were just relocated within the last 5yrs. They have a major superstar.
I think anytime a team changes names and moves to a new state/city (in this case, they moved to bum &$@% Egypt), then you have to consider them "new".

Generally speaking to no one specific..

They are fairly new and speaking of fan base, OKC fans are ridiculously loud and dedicated. I think that stadium was considered the loudest in the league if not mistaken? I can clearly see the fan insanity for the Thunder because that god forsaken state has nothing else other than the Sooners (Yuck). lol

(10-29-2012, 07:56 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: I think anytime a team changes names and moves to a new state/city (in this case, they moved to bum &$@% Egypt), then you have to consider them "new".

Generally speaking to no one specific..

They are fairly new and speaking of fan base, OKC fans are ridiculously loud and dedicated. I think that stadium was considered the loudest in the league if not mistaken? I can clearly see the fan insanity for the Thunder because that god forsaken state has nothing else other than the Sooners (Yuck). lol
Boomer Sooner. Still love them even after a loss to Notre Dame.

Kevin Durant thought there was enough reasons to stay in B.F.E and come to think of it so did Russell Westbrook. I wish Harden had enough reasons to take a little less like they did, but I don't fault James for getting that extra few million a year and an extra year of guaranteed $$$.

I was a huge NBA fan before the Sonics moved to this state and I could also spout off a few H.S. and College basketball players from this state that have had great NBA careers. There is also Bill Self who some consider to have a great basketball mind, he is from the OK state as well. Okies are dedicated sports fans. I go to Thunder games the most of all sporting events, but catching a Drillers game in Tulsa or a Sooners game in Norman is not unusual for me.

From a national standpoint maybe you only recognize the Sooners and the Thunder, but there is much more than just the OKC Thunder and collegiate football in this state.

Needless to say that the Commerce Comet would dislike such a fan of his to do any injustice to his native state. Smile
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

lol...

I only dispize OK because for 1, I was stationed there for 6 long and dreadful years and 2, being a Long Horn fan we don't come to liken those Oklahomans too much now ya hear...lol

I'm from the big city and OK is far from it for me. Was never even a sports town until the Thunder arrived and placed OKC on the map. Most people never even heard of OKC until the OKC Bombing occurred.

It's funny because when I recieved my orders to my first duty station, I called my wife and told her where we were going; Ft. Sill OK!! She said "Oklahoma? Where the hell is that?"...lol. I told her at least it's not far from San Antone. I'll never forget that. She never left her home town until we got married and started traveling.
I love Mantle and not his un-controlled place of birth. As he got wiser/older in life, he realized that living in Texas was where he should had been born...lol Smile

I myself did Basic at Ft. Sill before medic training at Ft. Sam Houston... so I feel your pain. I am not going to say Lawton has much to offer when compared to San Antonio.

Too bad you didn't see more of the state...but I see how it could be dangerous for a "hook'em" fan to be parading around this state...LOL
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(10-30-2012, 03:22 PM)got watcha want Wrote: I myself did Basic at Ft. Sill before medic training at Ft. Sam Houston... so I feel your pain. I am not going to say Lawton has much to offer when compared to San Antonio.

Too bad you didn't see more of the state...but I see how it could be dangerous for a "hook'em" fan to be parading around this state...LOL
Oh I saw enough...and it wasn't much. lol

I left there not long after the stadium was completed. I did want to make the hour drive to see a game before I had left, but never could make it.

Yeah, I made the mistake once by parking my truck at the Walmart there with two Long Horn flags in my windows...went in to get a few things and came out to two flag sticks and no flags!...lol I totally forgot to take them down before I had went in.