`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snide remark received for declining a trade. WHats up with that?

Snide remark received for declining a trade. WHats up with that?
So I was sent an offer for some of my cards from member brianpeters40. He left no comment or anything asking me to do anything where I'd consider giving him extra consideration on the basis that maybe he had something else I'd be interested in that wasn't in his org yet, just sent the offer. I checked through his org and didn't see anything that I was interested in so I declined the offer and chose the prompt "not interested in trading at this time." I did not feel obligated to leave any further reasoning, for one I didn't think it was necessary as the prompt chosen should have been enough of an explanation (isn't that why they have that feature?) and two he never left any comments himself. Shortly after I notice I have a notification of a comment left in regards to this offer. In it the member stated:

"If I take the time to check your cards and make a proposal, at least take the time to explain yourself. I have a small amount of my cards listed on here, so maybe you could let me know what to look for."

What do I have to explain and why do I have to make a reply when he never bothered to ask in the first place? I do not believe I even ever asked him to check my org. He was seeking cards that weren't of any relation to any of my recent posts so its obvious he saw my name somewhere and clicked on my profile or somehow otherwise checked my org and sent an offer of his own free will. I certainly don't recall ever initiating anything. I also don't understand why I need to go out of my way to provide information of what I'm interested in when its clearly posted on my profile information and I'd assume he could have easily noticed that if he took the time to look at my profile. Sorry for the rant but wanted to share this incident, and I don't believe I deserved such a snide remark. Glad I didn't bother to trade with him... Hope everyone else continues to have a great day. Thanks

RE: Snide remark received for declining a trade. WHats up with that?
I'm not sure what he expects you to say beyond what your reasoning was that you left anyway. Are you supposed to say that you're "really really really not interested in trading at this time"?

Additionally, if someone wants to trade and they have stuff not yet listed in their ORG, they should notate that in the initial offer and should not be something that you just assume to be true. Probably just another guy who takes sports card trading a little too seriously and is overly sensitive.

Exactly. Me saying I'm simply "not interested in trading at this time," I would have thought should have been sufficient. It also leaves the door open like, maybe some other time. (like when he takes the time to see what I'm interested in and add that kind of stuff to his org if he has something, maybe then next time I'd be more apt to work something out.) Exactly to your second point as well. If he simply woulda mentioned that in the first place I might have felt more inclined to work something out. But he never made any comment himself so how am I the bad guy? I don't get it... lol

You're not...diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks and all. You'll find all types here. Best not to let any one type get to you and just get on with your collecting life.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(10-27-2012, 05:11 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: I'm not sure what he expects you to say beyond what your reasoning was that you left anyway. Are you supposed to say that you're "really really really not interested in trading at this time"?

Additionally, if someone wants to trade and they have stuff not yet listed in their ORG, they should notate that in the initial offer and should not be something that you just assume to be true. Probably just another guy who takes sports card trading a little too seriously and is overly sensitive.
I totally agree with the 2nd part.

But some people around here expect a little more in the comments. Me... I would like to know if it is a lack of a certain player.... Or something else...

Agreed. I just don't see how him making those remarks is at all productive. Next time, if he ever sends another offer or if I'm fortunate enough to ever receive one, I'll just decline again and I'll point to this incident as my reasoning if he wants further explanation. Makes no sense why he'd let a declined trade offend him for whatever reason. lol... Oh well I guess.

This trader in particular I've had good dealings but this kind of stuff keeps happening more and more often. It's lead to me cutting back my trading on here.
Is this thing on?

@ thelegendjerryrice, I can certainly understand that. If he would asked and not been as rude as I perceived him to be, I woulda been more than happy to give him more reasoning and maybe if it turned out he did have something I was interested in we coulda re-started the trade. But he all but killed any hope in that.

@ shivelycore, yea I saw he has good standing as a trader. I haven't a clue why he'd let something like that offend him so much over something that really wasn't all that big a deal, and now he's got me all offended. lol... He's mad at me for apparently not communicating when he did not make much of an effort either. lol...

Let me just say this. First, using the ID of a member for this is wrong. Second, I see his side. I think there is nothing ruder than for a member to just flat cancel and offer. At the least a comment like "didn't see anything this time" is cool. I personally hate when someone just flat cancels. It's just plain rude IMO.

Not what you wanted to here, I know. That's just my opinion. I know many people don't feel the same though.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I see both sides of this. The person perhaps should have sent a comment along with his trade. After all, we are dealing with people here.
I also agree with Derek (not sure if I got the spelling right) whereas flat denying doesn't give any ground with which to work. Also, as for using the guys name, I would have omitted that myself.
That being said, I think the first offer should come with a comment. Now, I will say this. I made a trade with a guy a few months ago. He sent me a great trade offer(it was even BV-wise, but I had something he wanted and vice verse) and there was no comment. It was a simple accept for me and there was really no need for a comment on either side.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.