`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Couple Weeks (1 Bowman and 4 BC)

Good Couple Weeks (1 Bowman and 4 BC)
Went to the White Plains Card show at the beginning of the month and took a stab at regular Bowman which isn't normally a product I buy. My girlfriend enjoys opening packs with me so we split the box. She asked if there were any players to be on the lookout for, but I told her since it's prospect heavy, she should just be looking for an autograph or color. Considering my poor history with regular Bowman, I didn't have high hopes of pulling any of the big guys. We get towards the end of the box with nothing special. Finally I get a nice hit when I pull a Red Ice Kershaw /25. At the same time I here my girlfriend go "Oooo! So I got color and an auto. But I don't know who he is so he might not be very good. Sorry"

[Image: 2012bowman.th.jpg]

I see the Yu (blue auto /250) and start spazzing and jumping up and down on the couch. She thinks I'm having a seizure and wonders what's wrong with me until I pull up some closed auctions and she sees what it's been selling for.

This past weekend my order of 4 boxes of Bowman Chrome came in. We started cracking and this one was great out the gate. An orange refactor and a pair of autos in the first few packs. Overall the 4 boxes yielded 7 autos, an orange, a gold, and a printing plate along with the expected number of blues, purples, regular refractors, and die cuts. No Harper, but a Darvish Refractor and regular Cespedes. The highlight was pretty obvious though. Orange Soler Auto!!!

Here are the highlights in case the pics are no good:
Orange Auto (Soler)
Blue Auto (Frazier Hall)
Refractor Auto (Andrew Chafin)
Auto (Avisail Garcia, Tony Cingrani, Cody Buckel, Trevor May)
Orange (Ike Davis)
Gold (Jaime Garcia)
Printing Plate (Rickie Weeks - Magenta)

[Image: solerorangeauto.th.jpg]
[Image: 2012bcautos2.th.jpg]
[Image: 2012bcautos1.th.jpg]

RE: Good Couple Weeks (1 Bowman and 4 BC)
Oh man, nice job on the Bowman! Great job on the overdelivering Chrome, too.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

That soler is a huuuuuuuuuggeee hit. That pays pays for those 4 bc boxes more that 2x over
[Image: 98f0af8c-6780-40a4-bc69-344cd0c42a37.jpg?t=1388894688]
Collecting Autos of: Indians, Browns, Buckeyes, and Cavs
Specifically on the hunt for: Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar, Josh Gordan, and Omar Vizquel (in Indians Uni) autos

Sweet Breaks! Thanks for posting! The Soler is the one everyone is chasing these days!

Nice hits
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Great stuff. We are a tad partial towards the Weeks plate, of course!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Congratulations on such great pulls. Let me know if the Kershaw red ice is available for trade.

Nice breaks! If you're trading, I'm interested in the Avisail Garcia auto.
Photobucket

Thanks all! I'm not sure if I want to trade anything yet, but if I decide I do, I'll be in touch.

I'd like a shot at the weeks plate if you decide to trade.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos