`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2012 Certified and Gridiron

2012 Certified and Gridiron
Recently picked up the last box of Certified at the LCS here and then stopped by and saw there was this new Gridiron out (which is apparently what used to be called Gridiron Gear).

First the Certified:

Legends:

Herman Moore /999
Herman Moore /250 (since i collect players from Virginia this was awesome)
Bo Jackson /25

Red:

Andy Dalton /250

Rookie whatever

Kenyon Martin (i think wide receiver fro the Texans - so may have the name wrong since i'm going by memory) /999

Auto Relic:

Trent Richardson - two brown patches /299 (2nd Richardson auto i've pulled from Panini products this year)

Jumbo Relic:

Nick Toon all black /49

Legends Relic:

Steve Bartkowski red patch /199

Red Relic

Devry Henderson /199

Obviously a bit of a Saints thing going here

Gridiron - i actually liked these quite a bit - don't really have an accounting of the numbered parallels and inserts but here are the hits. And actually one reason why i liked these quite a bit is that i pulled three autos in my box. Honestly a bit pricey though considering.

Gridiron Gems on Relic Auto:

LeMichael James - looks to be signed in brown ink or red on white patch and actually is pretty sharp. Much better looking that the Jake Lochner one i pulled last year and one of the best looking of these autos i've seen. Numbered to 299.

Autos - both numbered to /499

Rondell (i think) Lewis - Detroit Lions from Oklahoma
Dwight Jones - in Texans uniform, i thought that the Bengals sign him, did the Texans pick him up? Also guessing he may well have some regrets about leaving UNC early about now.

Gridiron Kings Rookie Relic

A.J. Jenkins numbered to 49 - red relic in a crown shape. Not really a fan of memorabilia cards or the rookie premiere, but this one is actually kind of cool.

Okay, this turned out to have a 49ers thing going here.

And again, i'm not currently trading anything due to lack of time.

RE: 2012 Certified and Gridiron
Based upon what the news item says, i guess it must be the "Gold Ink" version - looks brown to me, but at least its clear.

And to the anonymous person or people giving me one star, i do not care at all what you think and if you don't like what i say at least have the courage to actually say something. i'm not trading or looking to sell - i'm not in this to make a buck and really if i was going to trade (or buy individual cards) i'd rather trade in person so i know what i'm getting - but i would at least think that people considering purchasing these boxes would like an idea of what sort of thing they might pull from them. And, i don't have a scanner and this site doesn't work with photos so unfortunately i have to go text only.

But don't be rude about it - i'm just trying to look out for potential collectors by giving my impression of products. If you disagree with me actually say something rather than just thumbs down. i'm not going to say i like something if i don't like it - i'll comment that something looks nice if i like it - and i'm not looking to make any money off of things - i just like cards.

Certified seemed better last year - i really like this year's Gridiron - especially getting three autos even if they aren't the best autos. In my opinion. its worth buying - and i was happy with the box.

Not too shabby on the boxes. As for the 1 stars - Its been rampant for awhile. Someone or people are just 1 starring all the threads lol Its being done to get on peoples nerves so dont take it personally.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

id say you did pretty well on those boxes all things considering. id definitely be happy with the gridiron box lol
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Oooooooooooo Bo Jackson......lol......not to bad, especially the Jackson......Smile
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

Not bad
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Sounds good! Thanks for the impressions!
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(10-26-2012, 06:47 PM)branesergen Wrote: Not too shabby on the boxes. As for the 1 stars - Its been rampant for awhile. Someone or people are just 1 starring all the threads lol Its being done to get on peoples nerves so dont take it personally.
I know that they are doing it and i simply wanted to point out that people are working hard - even if they are trading and aren't scanning to let people know what the boxes are like and give reviews of the products. If someone disagrees or thinks its lame, i'd rather them say so. I don't mind people who disagree if they give a reason.

If this board is useful to people besides trading, it is going to be useful by letting people know what the boxes are yielding. Simply one starring everything doesn't do that and is stupid.
(10-26-2012, 07:13 PM)nthnoak Wrote: id say you did pretty well on those boxes all things considering. id definitely be happy with the gridiron box lol
Its actually weird - living on the east coast i constantly pull 49ers. That was an especially good 49er box - especially since further examination reveals that the Jenkins was apparently a Prime relic (it says "PRIME" on it even if one color, but looks like it has some stitching). Even if not the Prime version and one color, its numbered to 49 which is good. Especially for a 49ers player
(10-26-2012, 07:58 PM)cybertrenz02 Wrote: Oooooooooooo Bo Jackson......lol......not to bad, especially the Jackson......Smile
was definitely happy with it.

LaMichael sounds cool.

The certified sounds actually not that bad, but the gridiron sounds the best to me. Thanks for the info on em both. They are on my future list I think.
[Image: 5SA2MuI.jpg?2]

http://s274.beta.photobucket.com/user/bu...de%20items - click link for photobucket

DO NOT TRADE LIST:

FREDDYLOVESSHAUNA