`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I start collecting good cards?

RE: How do I start collecting good cards?
Since you are posting it here on Beckett, the FIRST thing you should do is go to your profile and add info about you and what sports you like. You should also add who/what you think you want to collect, or at least what your local teams are! Professional, College, or Minor League teams: it doesn't matter, you just need to let us know some background about your collection or collection hopes.
Any info you add to your profile page will help other members answer your questions more accurately and with more helpful info for you. I'd be happy to offer suggestions, but not without any info about you or your interests and/or goals.

(10-25-2012, 08:05 PM)chaseman1998 Wrote: Do I get money from selling my bad cards? What should I do?
Sorry, but you must be 18 years of age or older to be a member of this site not 13.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Its simple... Start spending money Smile
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

You are going to have to spend money if all you are after is a card that carries a high book value. Collect what you like. Some of my favorite cards that are in my collection don't book very high.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-25-2012, 09:10 PM)Ziveus101 Wrote: First you'll need to establish what a "good card" is to you. This is something that varies between every cardboard collector and something you and only you alone can decide. At first you might do what most other people do and become a team collector or player collector, if you stick with it great, if you find something else to base your collection on even better.
Eventually you'll start realising what kind of value (sentimental value at that) the cards you're collecting have on you and before you know it you'll have some kind of collection going on.
Good luck though, this is where the fun begins.
Yeah, it is what the value is to YOU that makes collecting fun. I completely agree with you, Ziveus101.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-25-2012, 08:05 PM)chaseman1998 Wrote: Do I get money from selling my bad cards? What should I do?
If cards are a hobby for you, I suggest having fun and responsible spending.

If this isn't a hobby for you but a business, you'd probably have better luck making money elsewhere.
Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.