`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I start collecting good cards?

How do I start collecting good cards?
Do I get money from selling my bad cards? What should I do?

RE: How do I start collecting good cards?
That's like asking "do I get money from selling bad food?" No.

Start a little more positive - and call them "commons".
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Well if they are bad cards, nobody will buy them. Budget how much you would like to spend, and splurge every once and a while.
[Image: 1WFtDI1.png]
Building Base sets and Collecting All Tigers
Looking for 1951 Red Back #36 Gus Zernial JUST ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!

(10-25-2012, 08:10 PM)rmpaq5 Wrote: Well if they are bad cards, nobody will buy them. Budget how much you would like to spend, and splurge every once and a while.
What about collecting 1 person or team?

Nobody can really answer this question for you. You need to figure it out yourself what you would like to collect as it's going to be your collection. Poke around for a little bit and see what grabs your attention whether it be a team, player, position, etc. Collecting something because other people suggested it just doesn't sound like, at least to me anyway, it would have any kind of meaning.

If you want to save money, buy singles online. If you want to pull the best cards at the best odds, buy the more expensive hobby products.

But even then it's a gamble, and more boxes than not do not give you the return on your investment.

You're probably not going to make much dough selling low-valued cards. You might try trading them at a significant discount for whatever team/player you want to collect. If I were you, I'd say something like, "I have 100 cards in my Org with a total BV of $400. Looking to trade them all for as many '08-present Tigers cards I can get."

Different people set different collecting goals. Personally, I actively collect two veteran stars from my hometown team (Verlander, Cabrera), a younger NL rising star (Stanton), a former Tigers prospect who I've followed since he was drafted (Maybin). In addition, I passively collect the Tigers top prospects.

Some guys collect a bunch of different star players. Some guys collect only HOFers. Some guys collect nothing but Mets/Cardinals/Braves, etc. My recommendation is to collect someone from a team you actively follow.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Poke around the forums here and see what other people are collecting. Read lots of threads and eveuntually you will start getting an idea of what you like.

Like any hobby you have to spend money to make money. Buying a couple packs or blasters here and there for the most part won't do anything but make you broke and sad. The guys that pull the huge huge hits for the most part are the ones who buy Cases and Cases of stuff.

So my advice would be instead of buying a couple packs and blasters of everything that comes out save up your money and buy a case of one huge product like Topps Chrome or Bowman Chrome and pray for a miracle.

Find out what is of value to you and go after it.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!