`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
World Series thoughts?

RE: World Series thoughts?
I could not believe Verlander got destroyed like that. I've got to believe that was obviously a huge blow to the Tigers. I think Cain is definitly good for a win (thought the same about Verlander though), and every other matchup seems like its a toss up. Scutaro and the Panda are killin it and Posey looked a little better tonight. Jumpin ship to the Giants bandwagon. lol... Man I wish the Rays woulda made it...

I said it would be Giants vs Yankees from the beginning of the playoffs but its obviously not. I say the Giants take it in 7.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(10-24-2012, 11:05 PM)shaunbaus Wrote: I could not believe Verlander got destroyed like that. I've got to believe that was obviously a huge blow to the Tigers. I think Cain is definitly good for a win (thought the same about Verlander though), and every other matchup seems like its a toss up. Scutaro and the Panda are killin it and Posey looked a little better tonight. Jumpin ship to the Giants bandwagon. lol... Man I wish the Rays woulda made it...
I know it's a small sample size, but it doesn't look like Verlander can get it done in the Big Game:

Quote:Verlander struggled in two starts as a rookie against St. Louis in 2006 and was even worse against the Giants this time, falling to 0-3 with a 5.14 ERA in the Fall Classic.

(10-24-2012, 10:36 PM)JRMdawg311 Wrote: It took you near the end of game 1 of the Giants knocking around Verlander to figure that?
i say the giants will take game one but the tigers win the next four...lol
[Image: nolan_display_image.jpg]
BRING BACK DONRUSS!

(10-24-2012, 02:11 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: My brother and I are going to the game on Saturday. The tickets are crazy expensive but who knows when/if we will see this again? If you are able to go definitely drop me a line. Hope you can make it!
My wife got tickets for Saturday! First base side (section 118). Can't wait!
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-25-2012, 05:35 AM)fulltritty Wrote: I know it's a small sample size, but it doesn't look like Verlander can get it done in the Big Game:
I dunno, maybe. He did get it done in the ALCS, those are still pretty big games. Yankees did struggle offensively but I think good pitching had a little to do with that too. I mean, there's times when he's just so dominant its ridiculous. I have noticed that all series, this and the ALCS, they've talked about him getting up to 99-100 mph as he gets deeper in games and I don't think I've seen him do that yet in either series like he has in the regular season. Maybe he's fatigued?

Well, it doesn't look like my original post is going to pan out. DET would have to win 4 straight games. BUT...
it's not like they haven't done that before. Wink Big Grin
I don't THINK the Tigers will get swept, but they may have to get it to 7 games to win the WS.

The more I looked into the stats after my first post, the more I realized that I might have been hasty in that pick. SF is just on fire AND only one other team won 100+ games this year. That was the Nationals. I just don't know what to say here.
SF has been just as good on the road as they have been at home.
DET is not as good on the road as they are at home.
If the AL had won the AS game, this would likely be a different series so far.
I still say DET will win though, it just might take one more game than I 1st said.

This thread sure has been quiet. I guess that shows that most in Beckett forums favored the Tigers. The Giants have just been playing good fundamental baseball with dominant pitching. The Tigers have been playing good too with good pitching but the ball just hasn't bounced their way and they haven't been able to capitalize on opportunities given. I didn't want to see a quick series or sweep but I also wouldn't want to give the Tigers any traction what-so-ever to get back in this.

The Giants have just been perfect. They have no holes. I'm sick now, I think I'm going to throw up. Have a good night.

I'll just leave this here:

(10-23-2012, 01:14 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: ...Also, I haven't watched many (any?) Tigers games but I will say that the Giants are pretty slow though I'd give SF the clear edge in starting pitching...unless Verlander starts 3 times this series.

I wouldn't be surprised if either team dominates. I'm a huge Leyland fan and Cabrera is awesome but I'll be rooting hard for my Giants. Too many people here are sleeping on the Giants...SF in 7.

LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee