`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love spending my competitor's money

I love spending my competitor's money
I may have not won the auction for the last card I needed for my set. But someone paid nearly 16.00 for a 6.00 card. I'll simply wait for the next one.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

RE: I love spending my competitor's money
I completely Agree!!!!!

Haha. I've been there myself. I bid up a $15 Verlander Chrome Gold refractor up to $30 the other day. I guess the other guy wanted it more than I did.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Same here. I just lost an auction to a bidder who paid $7 for a $3 base card. It's uncommon, but not that rare. Ah well, congrats to the seller!

Yeah, even if I want the card badly, I don't pay more than its value.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

It is fun, but it kinda sucks when it blows up in your face and you end up paying too much just because they won't make one more bid. lol. Happened to me just a couple of weeks ago. At least it was a PC card with a short print run.
Kepler

I have been there before a couple of times for Mat Latos cards. Not this week though, picked up much of his Bowman Chrome for less then I thought they sell for. His 1/5 red refractor only set me back $14.99.

Mail day pics later this week.
Mat Latos & Chris Heisey collector.
2012 Bowman Chrome Mat Latos Rainbow done!
Looking for the last printing plate.

Can you say sour grapes? You wouldn't have posted if it wasn't under your skin. Move on. Just an opinion.
It does no good to get on the right track if you are headed in the wrong direction.
[img]http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111/baseballmason1958/st_louis_ca
rdinals_towel-1.jpg[/img]

I lost and auction a few months back to a buddy of mine as we both needed this certain Derek Jeter card, book value was $80.00 I sniped it at $500.00 he sniped it a $1000.00 and the closest bid to the both of us was $130.00. So if we didn't compete with each other it would have sold for a lot less.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I was bidding on a Torri Hunter atomic refractor from this years Topps Chrome and it ended up going for $76. Then lastnight I fell asleep while bidding was ending on the Superfractor and got sniped, the super ended at 76 lol. Don't know what the guy was thinkin on the Atomic and I also emailed the seller of the Super asking to buy it before the auction ended for much more than what it did but he said he thinks he would get at least 200 for it because of how high the Atomic sold for. It's funny how that works out.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]