`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding Insult to Injury

RE: Adding Insult to Injury
Man, if the Tigers pitch like that in the Series, they'll take it in 4. They have a team that is reminiscient of the 2010 Giants except that the Tigers can score loads of runs. Scary good at the right time.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(10-18-2012, 10:35 PM)aprirr Wrote: Man, if the Tigers pitch like that in the Series, they'll take it in 4. They have a team that is reminiscient of the 2010 Giants except that the Tigers can score loads of runs. Scary good at the right time.
I disagree with that. I'm not saying they won't win, but there is no way that they sweep the WS. Look at what the Giants & Cards have done in the NLDS series'. Both are extremely resilient and can go on a tear in a hurry. I thought SF was done after 2 games against the Reds. You know what happened there. The Cards looked like they were gone early in Game 5 against Washington. That comeback wasn't just 'luck', they have very skilled batters AND relief pitchers.

Now look at what the Cards are doing to opposing pitchers. They've won 7 of 10 so far in the PO's. Two of the 3 they lost were by one run. Of the 7 they won, they scored at least 2 more runs than the opposing team and 3 times they won by 5 to 8 runs. They keep sending the opponents' Starting Pitchers to the bench early and wearing out the bullpens. San Fran had a clear advantage in Starting Pitchers, but the Cardinals bats and bullpen keep winning.
Personally, I have been looking forward to a 2006 WS rematch. I just hope it is a better fight this time. Wink

Maybe next year Girardi will learn to walk Young as he has now been a Yankee killer for multiple years. Also, maybe next time the NYPD will keep him locked up longer. Smile

(10-19-2012, 05:47 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: I really hate Delmon Young. He commits hate crimes and I'm just speechless at how everyone treats PED users like they kidnapped children yet never acknowledged Young's wrong doings.
It does seem odd that you hear a large outcry from us fans when we hear of a player getting caught using PEDs, but we tend to forget Young's comments--or other dumb things athletes do--passing them off and saying, "Oh, athletes are always doing/saying something stupid."

Of course, these athletes probably love living under a microscope and having us scrutinize every move they make!
Collecting: Fred McGriff, Chipper, Griffey, and Todd Helton.
[Image: 0989_001-1.jpg]

Didn't Young throw his bat at an umpire when he was in the minors?
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's