`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about topps checklist, help

Question about topps checklist, help
I've started a topps checklist project by collecting all the topps checklist cards from 1956-2012. I have 58-93 done and looking for the newer ones.

It looks like topps started there regular checklist cards in 1961 and before that just team cards. Here my question, is that right or wrong?

Sorry wasn't around for the 60's
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

RE: Question about topps checklist, help
I am building the 58 set and notice the checklist for that year are team cards. But there are the regular cards (alphabetical) and then numerical variations.

I am not sure which exact year Topps started doing just basic checklist cards though without teams on the front.

Thanks for the input. I have searched eBay to find that it looks like only from 61 up for the regular checklist but found they have 57 topps bazooka checklist but only team cards for the regular set.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

Checklists began with the 1956 Topps...
In 1956 and 1957 there were un-numbered checklists cards inserted in packs..today, these are quite expensive.
1958, 59, & 60 - had checklists on the back of the team cards.
1961 was the beginning of checklists as we know them today, as part of the regular set.
The 60's is a fun era of checklist collecting with all kinds of variations. None of them so rare that they are incredibly difficult to find.
Good luck with the collection!
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

thanks for the help...post and pics to follow coming soon