`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
In need of Cards

In need of Cards
Anyone know of a place to look where I can get Football cards for free? I lost most of my collection in a storage fire and I have no sufficient funds to replace my huge collection. I am at a loss where to look or if even anyone would be willing to spare some cards from there collection, even doubles. I lost all my 70's 80's and 90's football as well as my early 2000's. I live in Tijuana and had most of my collection in storage in San Diego and the rest of it with me because I couldn't get it all here now I'm screwed. Any suggestions for a down and out collector would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik

RE: In need of Cards
ebay.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

+1 for Ebay.

Really, people love to help out around here, but, really, you shouldn't just join and then in your first post ask for free cards. I have no problem sending free cards to newbies--but they are usually involved in the discussions...Get involved if you want cards
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Local adds...people are always wanting to dump monster boxes cheap
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

Man if all my stuff wasn't in storage...
Check me out! Updating all the time. Working my ORG daily! Have lots to trade.

Collect Patriots, Texans, Bruins, Texas A&M, UCONN and current project 2011 Certified FOTG /250 set 2011 Playoff Contenders Set

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j369/Mercier2002/

(10-16-2012, 10:22 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Really, people love to help out around here, but, really, you shouldn't just join and then in your first post ask for free cards. I have no problem sending free cards to newbies--but they are usually involved in the discussions...Get involved if you want cards
+1

Great board here - but a little foreplay isn't a terrible thing. Don't ever jump head first if you haven't tested the waters!

Not me - but I'm guessing a few members read this and said "another scammer"
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry if I was overzeolous in my first post but I was inquiring for a friend of mine who doesn't have n account with Beckett online so I figured quick and easy question since most people on here should have a general idea about many options for aquiring cards or card collections. I have found many good collections on Craig's list but I'm finding more and more people are over charging for their stuff and they don't even have top notch players. I've tried to sell some of my cards on there but it is slow. I don't even charge half for them and I know what my cards are worth. Was interested in opening shop too but again card inventory is not sufficient between me and my friend to open one so there has got to be someplace to look to get a bunch of bulk cards cheap or free to help get started. I guess everyone is in need of money and gone are the days when people just toss stuff out for nothing. I know cards are collectibles so that's probably why everyone thinks they can get good money for them, but I've never had such luck, I always get way less than there value so that's why I just collect now and not even sell, although I'd love to unload my Baseball and Basketball binders. I have every one of the cards inventoried on excel sheets if anyone is interested or knows other places to try and sell. That would help with money to get more cards too. I like reading most of these posts all you guys and gals are very insightfull. Looking forward to being part of the family. Thanks.

Welcome aboard. Good luck - I think there are some sellers that specialize in team sets and the like for pretty cheap - maybe a buck or two over actual shipping charges.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

(10-16-2012, 10:22 PM)koolkellygirl Wrote: Really, people love to help out around here, but, really, you shouldn't just join and then in your first post ask for free cards. I have no problem sending free cards to newbies--but they are usually involved in the discussions...Get involved if you want cards
+1000000... You can buy cheap lots on eBay all day long... Beats asking for free handouts IMHO... Try being an involved member around here first before asking for free stuff... Like a TON of long time members here, they have EARNED the right to freebies and gifts for their PC's...