`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curious question re: Obak

Curious question re: Obak
I have a pretty fair amount of 2011 Tristar Obaks (regs + minis) & am curious to get some of your thoughts on this series of cards in general. I'm still working on getting my Organize finalized to show what I have but really this question is more general in nature. I looked on eBay & there's very little buying activity in the Obak area. Are they just sorta 'whatever' cards or are there folks out there that really like them? I see some decent book values but very little chatter/activity out there.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

RE: Curious question re: Obak
The Obak series does not get much hobby love. I would be interested in the mini's only because I collect tobacco-sized mini's. The set itself isn't that pretty but I'm slowly warming to it. Once you have the mini's loaded in your Org shoot me an offer, I'll trade anything I have for the mini's.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

Most people don't care for them. Some collect them but not a whole lot.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I'm actually a big fan of these - I'm building the '10 and '11 sets right now. I'm pretty sure all my set needs are listed, but let me know when you get your stuff uploaded and I'll take a look!

I agree that on the Bay, they don't seem to get much attention - these aren't the most aesthetically pleasing cards out there, but I think they're great.

Petesa - I'll make sure my obak minis are loaded and shoot you an offer! I'm building the sets, but am only holding on to a handful of the minis. I have a ton and would love for them to go to a good home.

Thx for replies. Will bump this thread when i get Org done. Thx

I'm a player collector and am looking for certain players from those sets. Usually Hall of Famers that most people have never heard of.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

RE: Curious question Obak
(10-17-2012, 01:08 PM)zeprock Wrote: I'm a player collector and am looking for certain players from those sets. Usually Hall of Famers that most people have never heard of.
Is the want list on your site up to date? Lmk and I'll take a look for those if you'd like.

Obaks are some of my favorite cards. There are so many interesting facts on the non-player cards, and they actually bother to relate the non-player cards to baseball for the most part. I actually learn a lot of new "fun facts" from the cards, so I think they're neat!

I'm also building a few of the sets, so if any of the other set builders here want to swap doubles I'm all for it.
[Image: Screenshot2012-08-02at100731PM.png]

(10-17-2012, 10:02 PM)krykslr Wrote: Obaks are some of my favorite cards. There are so many interesting facts on the non-player cards, and they actually bother to relate the non-player cards to baseball for the most part. I actually learn a lot of new "fun facts" from the cards, so I think they're neat!

I'm also building a few of the sets, so if any of the other set builders here want to swap doubles I'm all for it.
Cool - I checked you but didn't see anything. All my wants are listed, and I'll get started loading my dupes in case you can use any of them.

(10-17-2012, 03:14 PM)gotopes Wrote: Is the want list on your site up to date? Lmk and I'll take a look for those if you'd like.
Yes it is. Thanks.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html