`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 mickey mantle cover error?

RE: 1984 mickey mantle cover error?
I am not looking to sell it as much as just find out more info about it. Like I said I have had it for well over 20 yrs and the most info I have found was that single page of links on google that had a single pic but no real info. I have not been able to find a single sales listing or I am sure that would have provided more info then the google links. Its something that I have always been curious about and just never found any info on. This site has led me to more then what I found on my own but in either case I am not sure I have ever come up with so LITTLE info on something on the internet.

I tried emailling the dealers that I found in the links but didn't even get a responce from them. If anyone else has any idea of a good source for info on this I would appreciate it. Seems the mystery on this piece is not going to be break but I am going to try.

There's one for sale now on the bay for $15 or b/o - item # 330780135069. Normally those cachets are for first day of issue for the stamp that's attached to it, but that one is a few months late for the Clemente. After a quick google search I don't see any variations. I would think perhaps a stamp dealer would have more info than a card dealer when dealing with cachets. Hope this helps.
Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.

thanks for that info. My dad is a stamp collector and while that is not his specialty he knows people that probably will collect sports stamps so I am checking with him.