`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 mickey mantle cover error?

1984 mickey mantle cover error?
greetings everyone, my first time here to ask about something I have had in my collection now for a while and never been able to find any info on. I bought a Mickey Mantle Renata Galasso, inc. cover back probably 25 yrs ago at a local card shop. It is very nice looking with a cloth-card picture of him as well as a gold boarder around the pic, roberto climente stamp and a new york oct 10, 1984 postage stamp on it as well as what I hope is a real autograph. The part that has always confused me a bit was that when I got it home and read the writting on the cover it says:

"Today marks the 20th anniversary of Mickey Mantle's leadoff home run in the bottom of the ninth inning of the third game of the 1984 world series off of pitcher barny shultz. the round Tripper was mickeys 16th placing him ahead of the great babe ruth."

Now that is not a type on the year and it doesn't take alot of research to know that Mantle didn't play for either the Twins nor the Cardinals that played in the '84 world series. I am sure they meant to say the '67 world series but with it clearly stating that he did it in the 1984 series would this be considered an err? Would that be good or bad? I can't find any info on the net after many searches to know how many were made and can't find any kind of number on it to tell me. Anyone else have any info? I will post a pic when I figure out how here, forgive the newness...

RE: 1984 mickey mantle cover error?
That would be the 64 world series NYY vs StL, can you scan or post a picture?
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

It would only matter if they made a corrected version, otherwise it would just be an uncorrected error. If there is a corrected version, then it would come down to whether there were more of the corrected or error versions made and that would determine which if either one might carry a premium, in terms of value.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

This it?
http://www.mickeymantle7.net/web/mmc/Mic...01084.html
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,

(10-14-2012, 04:10 PM)krn001 Wrote: This it?
http://www.mickeymantle7.net/web/mmc/Mic...01084.html
Thats the one. Know anymore about it then what I said?

(10-14-2012, 06:17 PM)ttocss Wrote: Thats the one. Know anymore about it then what I said?
I didn't look an further but the info "Renata Galasso Cachet 10/10/84" should be searchable on google.

Don't think it got corrected, but I'm not sure.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I did searches with cachet, thanks I didn't know that is what it was called. I am suprised to say that it only comes up with one page of links on google, only 1 shows the pic and the others are for different cachets. Would anyone have any idea of a dealer or collector that I could inquire about this too? Always wanted to know more about it.

thanks for the help

Did you try eBay?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!