`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This lockout versus last

This lockout versus last
Last time there was a lockout, I moved to basketball cards for the year. However this year the landscape is different. There are already boxes of 12-13 Artifacts out with great hits.

Do you think that Series 1 will be delayed? If I am not mistaken the pics on that series are always from the current season. So no season, no Series 1 or at least delayed. If so, we could be lining up another double cohort year of RCs.

Also, with all the young stars in the AHL right now, for example, I watched the Marlies opener yesterday and it was like watching the Leafs.... except the won! There would be a real opportunity to have ITG or UD/Panini to license the AHL PA and push out an AHL set this year. They would have access to Hall, Eberle, RNH, just on one team....

Your thoughts?
I collect Hockey and Basketball.
Mostly looking for YGs and Leafs.

RE: This lockout versus last
I still think Upper Deck at least will keep putting product out as they need to keep the cash flow coming. Would not be surprised if UD series 1 came out close to the release date of 11-8 and just uses all the rookies they have been using so far from last year.

And the photo from series 1 are usually from last year except for the Young guns-- look at last year series 1 still had the Jets pictured as Thrashers.

If the lockout drags on then we may see stuff dropped but unlike last time when they did not even talk for 3 months, at least this time they are and I bet they are playing by Jan 1.

Both Panini and UD could keep putting stuff out with only the same 48 rookies they can use and then just put out a rookie update product like Panini did with Anthology.

RE: This lockout versus last
All I know is the NHL needs to figure it the hell out its ridiculous theres even any fuss about profit sharing