`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Playoffs

RE: The Playoffs
(10-11-2012, 10:56 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Awesome playoffs so far. I like the Tigers over the O's in the ALCS in 7; Nats over Giants in 5; and Tigers over Nats in 5.

I'm disappointed the Reds lost to the Giants. And I'm sick of the the Cardinals. Still, the games have been awesome. (As I write this, the O's just took the lead over the Yanks in the 13th)
Yankees / Tigers ALCS......you ready?
Super-Collector of Bernie Williams

Photobucket

I must have fired Harper up and he had a 3B and a HR in the last game after I wrote how horrible he was doing. Too bad he pulled an A-Rod in the 9th and choked.

Looks like my prediction of neither the O's or Yankees beating the Tigers will come true especially with the best Yankees post season batter out. Oh well, I will take my 27 and wait for next year.

(10-13-2012, 01:10 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: Yankees / Tigers ALCS......you ready?
Doesn't look like the Yankees are, sadly.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

(10-15-2012, 06:47 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Doesn't look like the Yankees are, sadly.
Yea. Maybe they will be tonight with a day off.

Photobucket

(10-16-2012, 04:56 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: Yea. Maybe they will be tonight with a day off.
Man, I hope you're right. I'm trying to keep beliving but its hard to when you watch the way they're playing. And did you see the lineup Girardi put out? ARod has a .333 career average and is 4/7 with 2 homers against Verlander this year and he's not in the lineup. I understand he can't hit for his life right now but I think you gotta keep him in with Jeter out.

1. Brett Gardner, LF; 2. Ichiro Suzuki, CF; 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B; 4. Robinson Cano, 2B; 5. Raul Ibanez, dh, 6. Russell Martin, C, 7. Eric Chavez, 3B; 8. Curtis Granderson, CF, 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS

I rather keep Gardner or Chavez out, put Ibanez in OF, my boy Nunez at DH since he can't field, and put ARod at short.
[Image: jetersig_zps16abeec2.jpg]
Collecting Robinson Cano, Eduardo Nunez, and Derek Jeter
Also making sigs

(10-16-2012, 05:07 PM)ja1091 Wrote: Man, I hope you're right. I'm trying to keep beliving but its hard to when you watch the way they're playing. And did you see the lineup Girardi put out? ARod has a .333 career average and is 4/7 with 2 homers against Verlander this year and he's not in the lineup. I understand he can't hit for his life right now but I think you gotta keep him in with Jeter out.

1. Brett Gardner, LF; 2. Ichiro Suzuki, CF; 3. Mark Teixeira, 1B; 4. Robinson Cano, 2B; 5. Raul Ibanez, dh, 6. Russell Martin, C, 7. Eric Chavez, 3B; 8. Curtis Granderson, CF, 9. Eduardo Nunez, SS

I rather keep Gardner or Chavez out, put Ibanez in OF, my boy Nunez at DH since he can't field, and put ARod at short.
Yea its a sinking ship. Hughes just got pulled, not sure what happened.

Photobucket

(10-16-2012, 08:27 PM)jtwellsnyy51188 Wrote: Yea its a sinking ship. Hughes just got pulled, not sure what happened.
For sure. Must get starting pitching in the offseason and lots of it. Beyond Sabathia and Kuroda (I think Pettitte is retiring after the season), I don't trust anyone in this rotation. Had to implode at some point. Too bad they couldn't have put it off.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

Zack Greinke would be a nice addition, I think. It also doesn't help that that no one seems able to hit anymore. It really doesn't seem to matter what lineup Girardi goes with.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Kuroda is no joke. I was sad when the dodgers let him go.
I collect "THE 27 CLUB" - Matt Kemp & Mike Trout RC's
[Image: RyinvZK.png]
[Image: beckett2_zps5fe6c285.jpg]
~! KEEP THE HOBBY ALIVE !~
Props to jbel4331

(10-16-2012, 08:55 PM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: For sure. Must get starting pitching in the offseason and lots of it. Beyond Sabathia and Kuroda (I think Pettitte is retiring after the season), I don't trust anyone in this rotation. Had to implode at some point. Too bad they couldn't have put it off.
How has the Yankees starters imploded? Everyone of them has pitched like aces in the playoffs giving up only 1 or 2 runs. Normally, this would win a game, but it's our bats that have looked pathetic. We need bats next year, not more pitching if we get Pineda back and re-sign Kuroda. Swisher needs to go and we need to re-sign Ichiro for right field. We need to get rid of A-Rod (never happen unfortunately) and need to get a catcher who can hit.Granderson needs to work on cutting down on the strikeouts and Tex needs to learn how to slap a single down the third baseline when they put the shift on.