`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Serious concern about print runs

Serious concern about print runs
So as I have said before, I am having problems getting a PTT dual auto redemption of Joe Namath and Bart Starr /25 from Panini. I redeemed my card 4 months ago and it still doesnt expire for another few months. I have been told by Panini that they do not have my card. Multiple people have checked for me. Well today I discovered a little more news from the customer service lady. I was wondering how they dont have my card when other people already have it. She told me they might have just not got all of them back from the athletes or some of them might have been damaged and they got rid of them. So that promted the question of "but all the ones out there are still numbered to 25?" She said yes. UUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!! What!? So they are numbered to 25 but there might not actually be 25 of them out there. She said she couldnt completely confirm anything because they had different people running the place last year and said they didnt keep very good records of things. But the facts are this. I had a redemption for one and it still isnt expired. They do not have my card due to whatever reasons and I wont be getting one. And they did not send my card out to other people as a replacement. So if you do the math, there are not actually 25 of these cards so do print runs even mean anything anymore? I am extremely upset with this whole situation as this was my 4th time talking to someone and I still dont have a card or anything in my hands or in the mail. Twice I was told somebody would call me back and twice, I was NOT called back. Somebody at Panini seriously needs to change things.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

RE: Serious concern about print runs
I'm not trying to make light of your situation. I think Panini is definitely in the wrong here and you should be compensated and then some for the card they owe you.

But to me, this kind of print run error doesn't seem like that big a deal. There is always the possibility that there are less cards out there in the world than the print run states. Cards get lost, destroyed, burned, whatever. Now if the print run was actually higher than stated, that would annoy me to no end.

Of course, since it's tied in to you getting a card you are owed, it totally sucks. Hope that made some sense. Tongue
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

That stinks I'm sorry about that man. These card companies really just don't give a damn, I've heard this same thing about other cards /10, /15, /25, etc that they don't end up making all of them or getting all of them signed but never announce it or "forget" to mention it...sigh bring back DONRUSS!!! lol

I don't mind there being less of a card then stated... Whether I know about it or not is not relevant to me because as the previous poster pointed out, it's possible the card never makes it out of the box...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

(10-11-2012, 06:49 PM)nineof Wrote: I'm not trying to make light of your situation. I think Panini is definitely in the wrong here and you should be compensated and then some for the card they owe you.

But to me, this kind of print run error doesn't seem like that big a deal. There is always the possibility that there are less cards out there in the world than the print run states. Cards get lost, destroyed, burned, whatever. Now if the print run was actually higher than stated, that would annoy me to no end.

Of course, since it's tied in to you getting a card you are owed, it totally sucks. Hope that made some sense. Tongue
Yup I agree with what your saying as they could get lost or destoryed. But the difference to me is that usually happens once they are already in the hands of collectors. This happened or was known about at Panini. If they didnt get all of them back, then they shouldnt have given the onces they had out unless they change the print run. Because I very highly doubt a high number of them could have been pulled in the first year out of a product like that. Im upset that the company that made these cards could have done something about this but didnt care too. They just let em go out the door numbered to 25 knowing there arent 25 of them. Im just really tired of these companies taking our money and not caring at all of what they are doing. There is one card in the set numbered to 19 rather than 25. So why that one and not this one?
(10-11-2012, 06:49 PM)solid133 Wrote: That stinks I'm sorry about that man. These card companies really just don't give a damn, I've heard this same thing about other cards /10, /15, /25, etc that they don't end up making all of them or getting all of them signed but never announce it or "forget" to mention it...sigh bring back DONRUSS!!! lol
No they do not. They had a chance to fix it but didnt. Man o man.
(10-11-2012, 07:07 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: I don't mind there being less of a card then stated... Whether I know about it or not is not relevant to me because as the previous poster pointed out, it's possible the card never makes it out of the box...
Right, but that card was or is still in a box somewhere. It still exists and can be pulled. Thats not the company lying. This is a situation where the card is numbered higher than what there really is coming straight from the factory. And the fact that they have ran out after such a short time from product release means there is a chance maybe only 10 of these exist and its numbered to 25. Thats lying. That is making people believe something that isnt true and falsifying things. These cards could have been fixed and renumbered. The autos were sticker autos so its not like they would have to have the athlete resign the renumbered cards. They just needed to number them to how many they had if they couldnt get 25.

Print run means just that - Print run - There were 25 cards printed - Doesnt mean there were 25 issued. Many low print run cards are held back for replacements. Some are simply reprinted and shipped out as was the case with a damaged Daniel Thomas card I sent in. Sent me back the same card with the same number on it - 2/10. I wouldnt give up on your card yet. You talked to a CS rep - if you ever worked CS you would know they dont know a whole lot. Only enough to get by and I wouldnt put it past Panini to reissue the missing cards to try to get them signed. I got a DT 1/1 redemption sent to me so I have faith in a /25. Also something to consider - My 2nd Kendall Hunter Material Phenoms card is being sent to me - 3 months after I received the 1st. So they dont always come in at the same time.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

here's my take on the "print runs" and the TRUE numbers......
Total Farce......
if a card has "10" Print run on the list...it really is only 5..because
1...a card a collectors girlfriend torched his whole collection with the 4/10 A.P. super patch auto included...
2...a collector with a 4 year old boy wasnt watching him close enough and the 6/10 was split in half by this busy young boy
3....the 2/10 was in a top loader and with 2 pcs of cardboard protecting it but the Postal Service still managed to Fold in in half during an ebay sale/ship...
Wink
down to 7 now.....
4 were pulled and are the proud Center-pieces of Rabid Adrian Peterson collectors...
3...are still in the boxes and will probably will NEVER be seen,,,ever..

Smile
there is your 10..
as for redemptions...
more and more are going out to high end case buyers and some of the type you pulled are going with them as Gifts sad to say..or are so badly made they are never put out there....so the number is truly never known bro..remember the Bradford frosh fabric 1/1?..givin away to a big timer instead of being inserted in a pack....bullskit IMO,,
like it was NEVER printed........
hate that
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(10-11-2012, 08:50 PM)branesergen Wrote: Print run means just that - Print run - There were 25 cards printed - Doesnt mean there were 25 issued. Many low print run cards are held back for replacements. Some are simply reprinted and shipped out as was the case with a damaged Daniel Thomas card I sent in. Sent me back the same card with the same number on it - 2/10. I wouldnt give up on your card yet. You talked to a CS rep - if you ever worked CS you would know they dont know a whole lot. Only enough to get by and I wouldnt put it past Panini to reissue the missing cards to try to get them signed. I got a DT 1/1 redemption sent to me so I have faith in a /25. Also something to consider - My 2nd Kendall Hunter Material Phenoms card is being sent to me - 3 months after I received the 1st. So they dont always come in at the same time.
Ive seen that a few times in the case of damaged cards. Being replaced by the same serial number but thats because they obviously made more than the number and were using the others as replacements. They would then destroy the damaged one. Your right on the CS thing. They go look for a minute and come back and say I cant find your card. Like seriously? You guys have thousands of cards in and mine could be anywhere considering one of them already told me it could have been misfiled. Im now suppose to possibly receive a call from the manager so maybe he can clear this up. I didnt know about the different waves of signings so I will ask about that. Especially since they use those guys in other products I dont see why there would be a problem getting me this card. Thanks for the input.
(10-11-2012, 09:07 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: here's my take on the "print runs" and the TRUE numbers......
Total Farce......
if a card has "10" Print run on the list...it really is only 5..because
1...a card a collectors girlfriend torched his whole collection with the 4/10 A.P. super patch auto included...
2...a collector with a 4 year old boy wasnt watching him close enough and the 6/10 was split in half by this busy young boy
3....the 2/10 was in a top loader and with 2 pcs of cardboard protecting it but the Postal Service still managed to Fold in in half during an ebay sale/ship...
Wink
down to 7 now.....
4 were pulled and are the proud Center-pieces of Rabid Adrian Peterson collectors...
3...are still in the boxes and will probably will NEVER be seen,,,ever..

Smile
there is your 10..
as for redemptions...
more and more are going out to high end case buyers and some of the type you pulled are going with them as Gifts sad to say..or are so badly made they are never put out there....so the number is truly never known bro..remember the Bradford frosh fabric 1/1?..givin away to a big timer instead of being inserted in a pack....bullskit IMO,,
like it was NEVER printed........
hate that
Yeah I hear you on the first part. And actually I dont have a problem with it. It sucks, but thats once they are in the hand of collectors. So the company in that case put them all out there, and some were destroyed by the public. In my case, Im being told some were destroyed by the company and as I result Im not getting mine. Which is complete crap because I have this redemption card here telling me Im due to receive one well before it expires. I cant believe they would give away a 1/1 like that. Especially if it was probably the hit of the product and what got people to buy the stuff anyway. I didnt know they did that. Do you have a link or anything about that? Id like to read that and see it.

(10-11-2012, 09:25 PM)nthnoak Wrote: Ive seen that a few times in the case of damaged cards. Being replaced by the same serial number but thats because they obviously made more than the number and were using the others as replacements. They would then destroy the damaged one. Your right on the CS thing. They go look for a minute and come back and say I cant find your card. Like seriously? You guys have thousands of cards in and mine could be anywhere considering one of them already told me it could have been misfiled. Im now suppose to possibly receive a call from the manager so maybe he can clear this up. I didnt know about the different waves of signings so I will ask about that. Especially since they use those guys in other products I dont see why there would be a problem getting me this card. Thanks for the input.

Yeah I hear you on the first part. And actually I dont have a problem with it. It sucks, but thats once they are in the hand of collectors. So the company in that case put them all out there, and some were destroyed by the public. In my case, Im being told some were destroyed by the company and as I result Im not getting mine. Which is complete crap because I have this redemption card here telling me Im due to receive one well before it expires. I cant believe they would give away a 1/1 like that. Especially if it was probably the hit of the product and what got people to buy the stuff anyway. I didnt know they did that. Do you have a link or anything about that? Id like to read that and see it.
yea i do think you got skrewed for sure with your redemp..and i really wish someone had the balls and the cash to get a class action lawsuit going against these card company's and the "replacement redemptions"issue...it is TOTAL BS to be honest....if i did sheet like this i would be run out of town here as a business man...not kidding
and let me look for that link...it was on the "other" card site last year....might take some lookin...i wanted to puke when i read it
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(10-11-2012, 09:46 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: and i really wish someone had the balls and the cash to get a class action lawsuit going against these card company's and the "replacement redemptions"issue...it is TOTAL BS to be honest....if i did sheet like this i would be run out of town here as a business man...not kidding
Total truth!
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC