`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Changes/Prices

Site Changes/Prices
Anyone else notice the difference on the new COMC website and the old one? The old site has lower prices and BVs. But for the same cards on the new site the prices have increased and they no longer give you the BV. Basically since the prices are higher on the new site the minimum you can put an offer in for has increased.

I just purchased two cards on the new site (for less than $2 so not a huge deal) and checked the old site afterward. There were the same cards listed at a lower price on the old site for one (so I could have bought one cheaper to begin with) and for the other the price was increased on the new site.

Just an FYI for anyone who uses their site(s).
[Image: groat2.jpg]

RE: Site Changes/Prices
I don't really mind as I usually have a set price I'm not willing to go over on a card anyhow so paying a few cents difference isn't a big deal to me.

I like the look of the new site it's a lot cleaner and search friendly. Now I've just got to figure out if they have the new shipping rules in place.
Dang glad I did check cause on the new site they want to charge me $80 to ship the same amount of cards they only are charging me $51 for on the old site. Talk about a gigantic slap in the face.

Yeah, new site looks better and works better but old site seems to have better shipping.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I wonder if their contract with Beckett expired. Looks that way to me.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-11-2012, 08:48 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I wonder if their contract with Beckett expired. Looks that way to me.
+1...EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING

(uh, sorry for caps lock)

(10-11-2012, 11:06 AM)phire31 Wrote: Anyone else notice the difference on the new COMC website and the old one? The old site has lower prices and BVs. But for the same cards on the new site the prices have increased and they no longer give you the BV. Basically since the prices are higher on the new site the minimum you can put an offer in for has increased.

I just purchased two cards on the new site (for less than $2 so not a huge deal) and checked the old site afterward. There were the same cards listed at a lower price on the old site for one (so I could have bought one cheaper to begin with) and for the other the price was increased on the new site.

Just an FYI for anyone who uses their site(s).
What do you mean the new and old? Isn't there only one site? Excuse my ignorance, b/c I haven't bought anything on there in a long time. What is their new webpage? Is the old site closed as far as being able to purchase cards?

Thanks & GOD Bless,
Jason
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(10-13-2012, 09:57 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: What do you mean the new and old? Isn't there only one site? Excuse my ignorance, b/c I haven't bought anything on there in a long time. What is their new webpage? Is the old site closed as far as being able to purchase cards?

Thanks & GOD Bless,
Jason
The introduced a new format not too long ago, maybe a few weeks I think. I can still get to the old one though so I don't know if they are going to still run that one for a little while before shutting it down or what. The old webpage is www.checkoutmycards.com while the new webpage is www.comc.com. I'm assuming you can still purchase of the old site right now but really have no idea.

The new one does not show the book value on the card while the old one still does.

Here's an article from their site that helps answer your question...

http://blog.checkoutmycards.com/2012/10/...-new-comc/
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I stumbled on the new site when I went to the old site and noticed a little beta tab and clicked on it.

(10-13-2012, 09:57 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: What do you mean the new and old? Isn't there only one site? Excuse my ignorance, b/c I haven't bought anything on there in a long time. What is their new webpage? Is the old site closed as far as being able to purchase cards?

Thanks & GOD Bless,
Jason
I just bought some cards from the old site on the 5th of October. I can't stand the new site!