Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
are you watching? FLEER RETRO MJ JAMBALAYA 1/1 AUTO
Smile 
are you watching? FLEER RETRO MJ JAMBALAYA 1/1 AUTO
Anybody watching the Fleer RETRO buyback autos?

The Jambalaya 97-98 buyback auto 1/1 is at $24,099...
The overseas collector is going to be rich, if the buyer actually pays...
Top bidder only has 3 bids in last 30 days, with two of them being on the MJ 1/1...

also, have you noticed that some ebay people create fake status? I noticed this in the last few days.. one seller with a few thousand transactions had about 14-20 feedback transactions recorded, but they all said "sell cancelled" .... huh? .... I would think that if a sell was cancelled, then Ebay would delete the feedback fro that transaction automatically, especially, if no money was exchanged... don't make since...

I also noticed a few ebay power sellers have 2-3 user id's... a couple for their buying, then one with 10,000+ transactions with no buys, only sells....
now, I was able to link 2 of 3 user id's together being the same people... they use one 2 ID's for buying... they try to talk sellers into selling cheap or offline, then they turn around & sell the cards using their super Ebay Power account... anybody else notice this? I have had a couple sellers do that to me in the past... I sell them a card under my asking price through ebay, they turn around & try to sell it for a higher amount down the road on a different user ID... I know it's the same person.. it is not that hard to connect two ebay ID's together.. especially when they use the same address... same city is still questionable, but solid info, unlike the exact same address...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

RE: are you watching? FLEER RETRO MJ JAMBALAYA 1/1 AUTO
I do not get this at all, over $24,000 for a auto card. im pretty confident you could get a jordan game worn uniform autographed and have enough change leftover to buy a new honda accord for that price !
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

true. That is a year's salary for some people...

(10-09-2012, 06:32 PM)jpleazme805 Wrote: I also noticed a few ebay power sellers have 2-3 user id's... a couple for their buying, then one with 10,000+ transactions with no buys, only sells....
now, I was able to link 2 of 3 user id's together being the same people... they use one 2 ID's for buying... they try to talk sellers into selling cheap or offline, then they turn around & sell the cards using their super Ebay Power account... anybody else notice this? I have had a couple sellers do that to me in the past... I sell them a card under my asking price through ebay, they turn around & try to sell it for a higher amount down the road on a different user ID... I know it's the same person.. it is not that hard to connect two ebay ID's together.. especially when they use the same address... same city is still questionable, but solid info, unlike the exact same address...
I had someone do this to me. Ended up selling them only 1 of the 3 cards they wanted off me. I saw it pop on ebay a couple weeks later and they actually lost $100 on it. Made me smile Smile
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

I guessed that it's because this card, even unsigned, is from an original high-end insert set, let alone being 1/1.
Many other MJ Buyback's are merely base cards or low-end inserts that are worth only a few bucks when unsigned.

Personally, though, I think that the price is crazy too.
- certified autograph card sets builder (basketball only and mostly from 90's)
- also collect legends and stars on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes (mostly basketball)

Upper Deck got wind of it and made it a selling point for a facebook post this morning.

So riddle me this. The seller is advertising to make off ebay deals. Isnt this against Ebay TOS and actually quite illegal considering they are using the Ebay platform to advertise their product? I know the off Ebay happens quite often but I'd think for a hot ticket item like this it would get a lot more scrutiny.
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

Not to mention the MJ precious metal jems. Simply ridiculous. Would love to own oneSmile

Got a new rumor....

what if the seller is a friend of an employee at UD.... they say the card was pulled from RETRO, but actually was shipped and/or given to this unknown friend to sell... they get $25-35K... then the UD employee gets a kickback... making double, maybe triple of his monthly salary....

Wouldn't be the first time!!!

How can one person get every 1/1 card of certain player from Finest? They would have to be rich to buy them all, because pulling all of them from packs is about impossible.. this seller at the time, had every 1/1 of that player within months of it's release... My opinion is the seller of those finest 1/1 cards knew somebody at UD...

UD employees got in trouble with producing extra/unauthorized gaming cards in the past... why not hold onto some sports cards, to sell off the books later down the road...

NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

The story made the Beckett homepage.
[Image: JordanJambalaya-777x1024.jpg]