`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An eBay experience I just want to share

RE: An eBay experience I just want to share
(10-10-2012, 06:35 PM)23isit Wrote: You not knowing any circumstance of his situation why dont you just leave it go? You lost nothing but some time. Do you realize how much time buyers waste of sellers time? Perhaps find peace in that it cost you nothing.

He didn't cost any seller's time. The seller screwed him over. Why should he let it go because other buyers waste other seller's time?

Ok, I guess I am the only one then. I would have left a negative for sure. If you offer to sell me something, I pay you, and you don't follow through.... yeah, you're getting a negative feedback. Maybe he has a logical explanation, in which case I would retract my feedback. But if you don't follow through on your end and then ignore me on top of it, you better believe I am going to leave a negative. If you waste my time and I effectively give you a 30 day interest free loan and ignore me, I guarantee you that feedback rating isn't going to be perfect any more.

That's a scratchy situation, it's strange that there was no interaction with you at all. My guess is there was an emergency or something. Maybe he ended up in the hospital.

I have a situation that just happened this last weekend, I found a set of wheels that I have been searching for for a long time and it had a BIN or best offer, I sent an offer and it auto excepted. Normally I pay right away but since this was a much larger sum of money I waited for an invoice. Two days go buy and I recieve an email from the seller saying that he sold the wheels already and he forgot to end the auction. I was pissed off so I decided not to respond yet. Should I give negative feedback on that or just let it go? I don't even know how to get rid of the sale on my main page. It keeps telling me to pay.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

I would leave a negative for that too, Haze. I mean, I guess I am a jerk, but Ebay is not a complicated endeavor for me. If I have a positive experience with you as a seller, you get a positive feedback. If my buying (or trying to buy) from you is a negative experience, you will get a negative feedback. I hardly EVER give a neutral because, like I said.... it is a very simple transaction. You either follow through on what you promised by posting the auction, or you don't.

(10-11-2012, 02:37 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I would leave a negative for that too, Haze. I mean, I guess I am a jerk, but Ebay is not a complicated endeavor for me. If I have a positive experience with you as a seller, you get a positive feedback. If my buying (or trying to buy) from you is a negative experience, you will get a negative feedback. I hardly EVER give a neutral because, like I said.... it is a very simple transaction. You either follow through on what you promised by posting the auction, or you don't.
I feel the same way. I'm going to send an email to him and eBay to get the transaction taken off of my end. When it's all taken care of I will be hitting him with a neg.
[Image: iH7PVE8.png]
[Image: haze_zps7d62355a.jpg]

(10-11-2012, 12:20 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: He didn't cost any seller's time. The seller screwed him over. Why should he let it go because other buyers waste other seller's time?

Ok, I guess I am the only one then. I would have left a negative for sure. If you offer to sell me something, I pay you, and you don't follow through.... yeah, you're getting a negative feedback. Maybe he has a logical explanation, in which case I would retract my feedback. But if you don't follow through on your end and then ignore me on top of it, you better believe I am going to leave a negative. If you waste my time and I effectively give you a 30 day interest free loan and ignore me, I guarantee you that feedback rating isn't going to be perfect any more.
Joe- I agree in what your saying but my point was that if he knew nothing of the sellers situation why waste your time? As a once upon a time seller people like yourself who pay fast are much appreciated and sholud expect fast delivery and service ,but if a Seller has good feedback and then just dissapears, then somethings wrong. Just move on.

23isit's bucket
Collecting hall of famer GU and auto's. Todays stars
[Image: philliesbanner2.jpg]

I'd be curious to know if the seller had any sort of ebay activity after you paid for your item. Such as, did he list anything or bid on anything? If he just totally fell off the face of the earth, I would have just forgotten about it an moved on. If he was still active on ebay after I paid, then I would have probably left a negative.