`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
My new direction...

RE: My new direction...
(10-08-2012, 09:16 PM)warcraftin Wrote: I know it cost more money but go BGS 9.5's they will be worth the money you spend forever even if it means your only acquiring 1 every 6 months.

My opinion is that BGS > PSA
9.5 BGS cards would be awesome... A tad out if my price range...Wink just look at the foolish prices they want for a Rice rookie... 9 will have to be my max...

um yeah, 9.5 montanas and rices go for a couple grand. they arent cheap. i would love to have those one day. i saw a couple at a show in chicago and was blown away. pretty much every high end card ive seen on ebay was at that show. it was crazy.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

8.5 should be acceptable if it is dead centered. But just ask yourself, if you cracked a 9 or 9.5 out of its case and mixed it with identical cards that were just busted out of a case, would you be able to tell the difference?

Hell, I would be happy to own 9's of those legends from 1981, 1984, and 1986... That is pretty old to have a mint grade from packs... don't you think???Wink reading a bunch about PSA and BGS... Its hurting my head... 80's and up is not vintage, but I know they are older... I looked at the PSA registry, very nice... We will see...

IMO, BGS = PSA, and I like SGC for vintage too. I don't think you can go wrong with either PSA or BGS.

I prefer BGS tho the PSA registry is awesome I prefer the cases of BGS. I would also vote 8.5's as well. I have Montana and Rice 8's and they are beautiful. The "Newer" ones - Aikman, Emmitt, Barry I have 9's and wouldnt really go lower. As for Marino and Elway I have 8.5's and 9's so I'm happy lol I too studied the pros and cons of both for months before I started submitting to BGS and had to decide based of cases and the .5's lol I prefer a BGS 8.5 as opposed to a PSA 8. Eventually BGS will have its registry working tho it will take years to become as much fun and challenging as PSA's.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-08-2012, 10:22 PM)branesergen Wrote: I prefer BGS tho the PSA registry is awesome I prefer the cases of BGS. I would also vote 8.5's as well. I have Montana and Rice 8's and they are beautiful. The "Newer" ones - Aikman, Emmitt, Barry I have 9's and wouldnt really go lower. As for Marino and Elway I have 8.5's and 9's so I'm happy lol I too studied the pros and cons of both for months before I started submitting to BGS and had to decide based of cases and the .5's lol I prefer a BGS 8.5 as opposed to a PSA 8. Eventually BGS will have its registry working tho it will take years to become as much fun and challenging as PSA's.
PSA does do half grades as well
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(10-08-2012, 10:09 PM)slotman11 Wrote: Hell, I would be happy to own 9's of those legends from 1981, 1984, and 1986... That is pretty old to have a mint grade from packs... don't you think???Wink reading a bunch about PSA and BGS... Its hurting my head... 80's and up is not vintage, but I know they are older... I looked at the PSA registry, very nice... We will see...
Old?????? Thanx a lot! Odd, though. Back in the 90's, the 70's was considered vintage. Is 1992 considered vintage?

Careful with the 86's, they have chipping issues.

(10-08-2012, 10:37 PM)chads-cards Wrote: PSA does do half grades as well
I have seen a couple 8.5's but that is it.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

It's all about personal preference as they will be sitting in your pc.. What cases do you like best, what grades can you live with? If unsure I'd vote to save your cash lol. In regards to long term preservation I will say that BGS cases offer the best bang for the buck. Water tight, hurricane & toddler proof and you don't have to worry about your cards bouncing around damaging edges. Best of luck in whatever you decide and can't wait to see the pc grow.