`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Grading Question

Grading Question
So I am sending about 20 cards for grading. Its my first time doing this, what is the best way to send the cards? In top loaders, screw downs, etc. Any help is appreciated.
I collect Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, and Michael Jordan.

RE: Grading Question
BGS prefers the "card savers", but you can use toploaders. Just know that whatever you ship your cards in are gone for good, so I don't recommend the magnetics. Wink

If you send in screwdowns, take out the screws... It's all about ease for the grader.

Good luck!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(10-06-2012, 02:09 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: BGS prefers the "card savers", but you can use toploaders. Just know that whatever you ship your cards in are gone for good, so I don't recommend the magnetics. Wink

If you send in screwdowns, take out the screws... It's all about ease for the grader.

Good luck!
I remember back when I did my first submission. They were in a different location then they are now. And their office was open the first Saturday of every month. I took in some cards that were in screwdowns. I didn't get good grades on them. Most likely, though, the bad grades were due to the fact that the cards that I subbed were vintage. Plus, I pay closer attention to the condition of the Nolan Ryans that I submit.

One good thing in living within driving distance to Beckett HQ's is piece of mind that my cards got there safely. The bad part is I have to Pay tax. But I think the good still out weighs the bad.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I appreciate the info. I can't wait to see what they come back as, first time I am doing this. Most are RC's for my HOFer PC.
I collect Mickey Mantle, Roberto Clemente, Hank Aaron, Jackie Robinson, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, and Michael Jordan.

(10-06-2012, 02:46 PM)lsolarte1 Wrote: I appreciate the info. I can't wait to see what they come back as, first time I am doing this. Most are RC's for my HOFer PC.
Good luck with it. No matter what the grades are, those HOF RC's are going to look awesome in the BGS slabs.
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.