`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumbo box of 2012 Topps Update

Jumbo box of 2012 Topps Update
Gotta love Saturdays. In this case, especially Saturday night. I had a Jumbo box of 2012 Topps Update and some Mexican food. As no one cares about the Mexican food, here is what I got.
My Memoribilia card: Felix Hernandez All-Star Jersey card.
My Autograph card: Mark Hamburger Rookie Debut Auto (not sureif that's what it's called but I'll go with it.)
My Manufactured Relic: Award Winners 2009 NL MVP Albert Pujols.
11 Golden Giveaway cards, got all virtual coins
6 Golden Greats
11 Gold Sparkles
9 Golden Moments
10 '87 Minis
31 Gold #/2012
10 Blockbusters
1 Presidential Predictor: Mitt Romney, Hawaii.

Just a few questions:
1. Are there Future Stars '87 Minis, I saw them in previews, but none in my box?
2. Why does my Presidential Predictor card say Hawaii on it?
3. Where do I enter the code on the Presidential Predictor?
4. Has this happened to you where all of your base cards before the inserts in the middle of the pack been the same as another pack?
5. What have you gotten in your boxes of 2012 Topps Update?
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

RE: Jumbo box of 2012 Topps Update
Those are some cool pulls.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

Thanks! Have you busted any Update?

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

I've only busted one rack pack so far, but I might have some of the answers for you.

1) I think only certain players on the minis have the future stars labels on them - Trout and Harper for sure. It's just like the actual 87 Topps set. Some are future stars and some aren't.

2-3) Not sure where to enter codes for the PP cards, but if whoever you got wins Hawaii next month you get some sort of presidential patch card (I think that's what they're calling it).

4) Yes, it seems to happen to me with most of Topps products where I'll get some packs where I get pretty much all the same base cards.

5) In my rack pack I got Harper and Bauer as my best base cards. Also got a Harper GG code, which landed me the Babe Ruth base die cut card, an Ichiro mini, Santana gold and Buster Posey Gold Sparkle. Plan to bust some more on payday.
Kepler

(10-07-2012, 12:37 PM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: I've only busted one rack pack so far, but I might have some of the answers for you.

1) I think only certain players on the minis have the future stars labels on them - Trout and Harper for sure. It's just like the actual 87 Topps set. Some are future stars and some aren't.

2-3) Not sure where to enter codes for the PP cards, but if whoever you got wins Hawaii next month you get some sort of presidential patch card (I think that's what they're calling it).

4) Yes, it seems to happen to me with most of Topps products where I'll get some packs where I get pretty much all the same base cards.

5) In my rack pack I got Harper and Bauer as my best base cards. Also got a Harper GG code, which landed me the Babe Ruth base die cut card, an Ichiro mini, Santana gold and Buster Posey Gold Sparkle. Plan to bust some more on payday.
Thanks! Good luck with more Update.
And I got a Short Print. It is the horizontal David Wright All-Star card.

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.

(10-07-2012, 09:38 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Gotta love Saturdays. In this case, especially Saturday night. I had a Jumbo box of 2012 Topps Update and some Mexican food. As no one cares about the Mexican food, here is what I got.
My Autograph card: Mark Hamburger Rookie Debut Auto (not sureif that's what it's called but I'll go with it.)
6 Golden Greats
11 Gold Sparkles
9 Golden Moments
10 '87 Minis
31 Gold #/2012
10 Blockbusters

Just a few questions:
1. Are there Future Stars '87 Minis, I saw them in previews, but none in my box?
4. Has this happened to you where all of your base cards before the inserts in the middle of the pack been the same as another pack?
#2 - They made a card for each state. 1 for Obama. 1 for Romney. 100 total in the set. Don't know how many cards were produced. There will be 50 drawings. I saw somewhere too that it is a presidential patch card. If Romney wins a state they will pull a winner from the codes entered for that matching card/state. The same thing for Obama. I have yet to figure out where to enter the code. It just says go to topps.com.
(0.o ) and then... ?
[Image: badtime.jpg]

#2 = So Topps can pull another "change the background and make a card more collectable" move.

#4 = Yes, but who else are we going to buy cards from?

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(10-07-2012, 09:38 AM)nyyankeesfan28 Wrote: Gotta love Saturdays. In this case, especially Saturday night. I had a Jumbo box of 2012 Topps Update and some Mexican food. As no one cares about the Mexican food, here is what I got.
6 Golden Greats
11 Gold Sparkles
9 Golden Moments
10 '87 Minis
31 Gold #/2012
10 Blockbusters

Just a few questions:
I got a Mitt Romney-Georga predictor out of a blaster box, went to the redemption page on topps.com and was told the code was invalid. Sent Topps an email asking where to enter the code but haven't got a reply yet.
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

Mexican food in scanner or it didn't happen. Big Grin
[Image: badtime.jpg]

(10-11-2012, 12:03 PM)acevanquish Wrote: Mexican food in scanner or it didn't happen. Big Grin
No can do, as I already ate it. Always next time Big Grin
(10-11-2012, 05:29 AM)Ziveus101 Wrote: I care about mexican food. Especially since I have to take a 4 hour trade ride if I ever want to get some.

Nice box though (any chance one of those gold borders was Dellin Betances?)

As for your questions I can't answer the 2nd or 3rd ones but...
1. Yes, you probably just got unlucky.
4. Yes, I have nearly 100 dupes from previous years/sets to show for it.
5. No boxes for me (too cheap/broke lol) only a few packs. But what I did get was one of the trillions of autos that Hamburger signed, a Stanton '87 mini, a Harper rookie debut card and three digital coins.
Sorry to hear on the Mexican food. I live in San Diego, so I'm lucky that I have Mexican food and lots of it. I can mail you some in a trade Big Grin No Betances gold border, sorry. Hamburger did sign a ton of autos. I got a Golden Debut auto of his, someone else got a Golden Moments auto of his, which did you get?

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.