`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First show as dealer any advice?

RE: First show as dealer any advice?
Do you think cheap cards .25-.50 should be in sleeves minus loaders? I like the protection but the sleeves kinda fall all over minus a loader?

(10-06-2012, 01:27 PM)minitracer Wrote: Do you think cheap cards .25-.50 should be in sleeves minus loaders? I like the protection but the sleeves kinda fall all over minus a loader?
I think that is a judgement call.
[Image: k4VFlSs.png] [Image: xnRMc6d.png]

I collect Dirk Hayhurst.
Thank you jbel4331 for the banner!

I'd put little orange sticker dots on the back of your cards so no one grabs one and claims it's his. (You can do this with a dot of nail polish too- on the edge or back). There will be a lot of pawing and shuffling of your cards. Especially if you have them stacked in rows, in boxes. Have some extra penny sleeves and toploaders. Makes it convenient if people are buying cards that aren't already protected.

Another thing, try to bundle as much as you can to get the most out of each sale. If a guy is offering you $5 for a $10 card, don't just split the difference at $7.50 (or stand pat at $10), try to encourage him to pick some other stuff out and you'll work with him at the end. Better to do 30% off on a $50 deal than 25% off on a $10 deal.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Very nice! I'm sorting and pricing as I type this, man this is work. lol Thanks again guys for all your imput!

good luck man, shows suck around my area so i never go but my lcs sets up and he seems to do best with his bargain bins also. he puts out dollar bins and also has some nice cards he puts at $5 each or 3 for $10. he said his higher end singles rarely ever sell, just that kinda stuff and wax. watch for theft too, all your higher end stuff i would keep close where you or your helper can keep an eye on it. again good luck!! hope you have fun
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]