`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please start checking quantities on trades

Please start checking quantities on trades
I like trading here and while it's not a huge deal people need to pay attention to quantities requested in trades. I made 4 or 5 trades this week and 2 of them I got shorted because I asked for more than 1 of a certain card. I find this to be the most common mistake on here. They were low end cards maybe $2 a piece so I am not going to rant and rave but people just need to pay more attention

RE: Please start checking quantities on trades
I am new here. I make sure the dollar value adds up. If not then there is a qty issue. I also make sure the number of cards that I am sending matches the amount of cards on the invoice.
http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q728...232c31.jpg

I am typically a fast shipper and I ALWAYS use Delivery confirmation. Sometimes I forget to provide the number.

(10-06-2012, 11:43 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: I am new here. I make sure the dollar value adds up. If not then there is a qty issue. I also make sure the number of cards that I am sending matches the amount of cards on the invoice.
I know I have made that mistake and if the deal seems too good than that is the first place I look. So to all those I have done this to once again Sorry!

(10-06-2012, 12:07 PM)once78 Wrote: I know I have made that mistake and if the deal seems too good than that is the first place I look. So to all those I have done this to once again Sorry!
Like I said it's not a huge deal. The traders that made the mistakes this week are good traders who I have traded with before and hopefully will trade with again. I still left them both good feedback. If I trade with them again I will get the cards. It's only cardboard

I know I've done it a few times in my career here. I just count up the total cards now and if they don't match then I know I missed that quantity line somewhere along the line. If that line would highlight a different color when it's anything other than 1 then it would make it a lot easier.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I've made this mistake myself. -It's so easy to miss because 1) I don't have a lot of duplicates; and 2) it's rare that someone requests multiples. I've done 150+ trades and this has happened exactly once to me. -I was quick to send the cards I shorted. I'd suggest making a note in the trade comment to alert the trader to the fact that you're requesting 2 of the same. When I gather my trades, usually I make a handwritten list (so I don't have to drag my computer into my card room in the basement), so I can see how this mistake happens.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(10-06-2012, 12:40 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I've made this mistake myself. -It's so easy to miss because 1) I don't have a lot of duplicates; and 2) it's rare that someone requests multiples. I've done 150+ trades and this has happened exactly once to me. -I was quick to send the cards I shorted. I'd suggest making a note in the trade comment to alert the trader to the fact that you're requesting 2 of the same. When I gather my trades, usually I make a handwritten list (so I don't have to drag my computer into my card room in the basement), so I can see how this mistake happens.
I found this funny because I had my cards down in my basement as well (I spend a really hot summer day carving out a spot down there) and I would do the same thing to save on ink cartridges. I have since removed my other two roommates and now have space upstairs for my cards (and tripled my rent in the process)
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I am just the opposite in that 1 only put 1 in the quantity section no matter how many of those cards I have. For example, I made a trade the other day and the guy wanted a Topps Chrome Braun card. I had 1 marked in my ORG, but had 3. Well, he got 3.

Just too much trouble to try and keep up with all of the extras because when you delete something, it deletes it from the ORG. Then I have to go back and readd it in again. So to counter that, I just enter 1 and send however many I have.

A good practice is before you accept the trade, pull the cards first to make sure. Thats what I always do.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.